With Soft Cries and Teary Eyes Ch.25

*

Eating at dinner, where everyone gathered round the long table in the dining room, was the most awkward of all.

Emin sat at the very end, enjoying his food wordlessly. Then there was Arch besides him, glancing up coldly at the two every minute. On his other side was Kodal and Erald (Five). Kodal was silent, apparently cleaning his chains. Five gobbled down the meat, slipping them into his mouth one by one, reaching for the bread roll. Next to him was Torri (Twelve) who cheered him on and handed him her bread. Opal (Ten) sat with her food pushed off to the side and three different clipboards before her, flipping through each one and writing things down, nebula resting on her shoulders as usual. Lucianne sat next to Opal, blanketed in her robe of deep purple, poking at her food absent-mindedly.

There were new faces as well.

On the farthest corner of the long table sat a woman with blonde short hair that was pinned elegantly against her head. She had a sharp nose, a fair face, and eyes that were lined in slick makeup. Her icy blue eyes stared boredly into her phone, bringing a cigarette to her mouth and puffing out the smoke. She was dressed in a black tight dress, her long legs crossing.

But the two that caught Cyan's attention were the old man and young boy who sat three chairs down from her.

The old man's face was sun-tanned and wrinkled, his eyes narrow and as red as rubies. He smiled down softly, gradually eating his food while he spoke to the boy.

The boy's eyes lingered on Cyan constantly, as did hers on him.

His hair and eyes were a deep burgundy, his brows firmly set low and his lips pouty. His pale face was speckled in brown, his arms crossed and his head low.

He pushed away the plate, glancing at a big dark watch on his thin wrist and sighing.

Nel noticed her staring at the newcomers, and smiled.

"That's Garnet. The little boy." He spoke up.

Cyan turned to him.

"He's One. The man next to him is Seven, Rubert. And that cold-shouldered lady over there is Amarine, Three."

Cyan turned back, staring at them again and watching as Rubert tried to get Garnet to eat more of his food.

She then stood up, walking over and sitting next to the two.

Garnet turned from her, acting as if he hadn't noticed her, but every other person had.

She felt the whole group's eyes burn into her back.

She glanced back, finding Emin's eyes staring icily at her.

She turned back, smiling at Rubert, who happily smiled back.

"I'm Cyan." She said softly.

"Oh we know who you are Miss." He chuckled. "But as you can tell, Six is not comfortable with you speaking to us, so please, I ask you to return to your Signum."

Cyan went tight-lipped, turning to the table and pulling her plate before her. If she were not allowed to speak, then she would just sit there.