Run Black Rabbit, Run ch.3

*

She ran for her life.

The Jock had the obvious advantage, soaring through the streets as if he were flying. He was well and ready to tackle the poor doe to the ground. But Cyan's advantage was, not her swiftness of recoiling from his touch, but the portal with the outstretched arm.

He kept blocking Nel's path, throwing obstacles at him, or sometimes litterally holding him back. Nel was always able to jerk away, but the tattooed man had let Cyan gain a couple more seconds.

When Cyan had ran ahead a bit farther, she ran into a store. The large building was rather empty at the time, Cyan easily being able to hide in the racks of clothes. She huddled in the center of one, holding her mouth and peeking through the dresses.

Nel ran in as well, his eyes scowering the area. He straightened his shirt, combing his hair over as he glanced over to an employee. Then he brought out a phone from his pocket, looking down at the screen.

Cyan gasped as he began to walk in her direction. She carefully crawled out from the back, weaving her way around the racks of clothes. But no matter where she went, he followed. He hurried after her, and when he finally caught sight of her, they broke into a chase again.

Cyan ran up a flight of stairs, skipping steps and rolling onto the next platform before dragging herself back up. Nel caught up soon enough, and when Cyan froze before a locked door, she was shoved onto it by Nel. He held her there, his forearm pressing against her neck.

He shuffled through his pockets, looking for something. Cyan grinded her teeth and shoved at Nel's chest.

The moment she touched his chest, he froze.

The electric shock spread from her touch, burning and crawling across his skin like a violent and painful shock. Nel jumped back, his chest glowing as blue as Cyan's hair. He gasped for air as Cyan used her powers once more to pass through the door. Nel hurriedly followed, passing through just like her.

He froze in fear. They were on the roof, with Cyan standing and her back to Nel, she was standing on the thin cement wall which is meant to keep people from falling to their death. She was standing on the edge, looking downwards.

Fear caught in Nel's throat. He didn't believe that it would be so easy to jump, but he knew that she would.

"H-Hey!! Hey, listen to me. You don't want to do this." Nel said softly, putting his hands out in surrender.

Cyan didn't turn around. Nel stared up at her enclosed fists. She had made up her mind.

She moved as if to take a step.

Nel shut his eyes tight.

There was nothing you could do.

Nel remembered that she must hit the ground and panicked at how he hadn't covered his ears.

But he listened.

The building wasn't that tall.

He hurriedly ran to the edge, but before he got to it a massive gust of wind pushed him back. He turned up to Cyan, who had grown giant angel wings.