Cyan Eyes ch.5

*

They crashed onto the ground with a hard thud. Zethan was swinging himself up but was crushed by Nel's body. He angrily flung him off, Nel rolling and screaming as he landed on a fuzzy pizza.

Zethan shot up to his knees, watching the portal disappear and looking for Cyan in the dark.

She was laying beside them, her body curled up and writhing. She groaned and screamed as she held her forehead. It was burning her and she was crying out in pain. Zethan took her up into his arms, placing his hand on the burn and keeping her still. He brought her close, rocking them back and forth and shushing her as she cried.

As she began to calm Zethan looked around at what Nel had already started to complain about.

They were in a dark small room, with the ground covered in stains, dishes, food, and other unidentifiable things. The windows were blocked, blankets having been nailed to the wall. Zethan turned to a mountain of clothes which was supposedly a bed, although he wasn't sure one was actually there. It smelled deeply of Cyan, deeply enough to convince Zethan she had spent the majority of her life in them.

Nel was tiptoeing to the door, his arms drawn closer to his body in disgust. He drew open the door, and it creaked and groaned. Little light was let in, but it seemed like more than this room was used to. Roaches and spiders scurried around, alarmed at the light.

Zethan stood, with Cyan in his arms. He stared down at the girl. Her hair was back to its dark blue, her skin pale, her body thin and pathetic, giving her a sickly and strange appearance.

She fits right in, he thought.

He groaned tiredly, looking back and walking out of the room with Nel.

Nel was screaming in disgust as he washed his shirt in a sink. Again the surroundings caught Zethan's eye.

It was a brightly lit and elegant place, clean and organized. Polar opposite to that of Cyan's room.

Zethan grew irritated.

"Uh! She should clean--no, no, 'clean' is an understatement! She should fucking burn that room! Spray it with holy water, call a priest, a doctor--a fucking exorcist to take that room apart!" Nel spat as he scrubbed himself with soap.

Zethan leaned against the doorway, thinking of what he had seen.

She had looked so different then.

He stared down at the pathetic shriveled girl in his arms.

A shuffling sounded, and the men froze. It came from another room. Somebody was awake.

The men hurriedly ran inside Cyan's room, Zethan having to shove Nel back inside. Zethan shut the door, and Nel turned the lock.

Just outside the door the floorboards creaked. Then the doorknob shook violently.

"CYAN!! YOU DAMN PATHETIC LITTLE RAT!! HOW DARE YOU LOCK THE DOOR ON ME!!!" A woman's voice yelled.

The men froze, staring, baffled. Cyan woke with a start, scrambling down to the ground. She glanced to the men, then around her room. She hurriedly pointed to under her bed, and Nel caught on. He pushed Zethan under the bed, squeezing in beside him.