Nothing More Terribly Beautiful... Ch.29

*

She slunk her way through the dark halls, having teleported herself across the door that she had already suspected to be locked. Surely enough, it was.

Hurrying along, her heart still twisted in panic in her chest.

She skipped her way down the flights of stairs, running swiftly and lightly on the cold tile, her bare feet shivering.

She found the room again, shoving against it, but finding it was steel-coated and resisted her volt.

Then she suddenly froze.

The door before her had gotten darker with the looming shadow.

She turned, her eyes turning up to him almost nervously. She bit her lip, but clenched her fists, glaring up at his pale blue eyes that were lined with purple veins and stared down at her in cold boredom.

"I need to hurry and complete it." Her voice shook. "He'll arrive before I finish at this rate."

The Prince lifted a brow.

"Do you doubt my abilities to keep you?"

The Prince stepped closer.

"Let me ask you a question, when has Zethan ever been able to protect you from me?" His eyes searched hers.

Cyan stumbled for an answer while the Prince only smiled.

"Not while you were still a pathetic little thing. You pulled them back into the cliff and opened a portal yourself. Not while I tainted you--we all know he arrived much too late for that!" He laughed. "---And if you're thinking when I first sent the Silver Beast after you, you saved all of them for that too."

Cyan kept silent, turning her red face away.

"The only power that could take you from my hands is none other than you, Cyan." He turned his piercing eyes back to her. "And I don't see you running from me."

Her eyes flit back up to him.

"---I will, I will---I'll steal that volt and go off on my own--I can do this with or without you-----"

His hand roughly took her chin---slamming her head back onto the door. His eyes glowered into hers intensely--obviously having snapped.

"---You forget how drained of volt you are, Cyan." He hissed. "I won't have you dying in my hands before your Volt Core is put to good use."

He paused for a moment, searching her angry tearing eyes, and letting her go. His eyes lingered on her as he turned away.
"I don't understand your vehemence over Zethan. Since the beginning your life has always revolved around me. No matter how hard he tried, only I could reach you."

Her head lowered, her eyes starting to pool up as she shook. How her throat burned and her heart ached to cry!

The Prince took her chin again, gently, and wiped away her tears.

"Once I take the Volt Core from you, you will be able to cry and suffer all you want." He said softly. "Until then, make Volt and relax. It's not time yet."