Lava Tears Ch.23

*

"...What I want it to be?"

"Whatever you want."

Cyan frowned up at Virg.

He smirked at her.

"What honey? What is it that you don't understand?"

"If it'll be what I want it to be--what'll be the fun in that!?" She pouted, turning down to the small egg in her hands.

Rine giggled and crouched next to her.

"Maybe you could tell them not to be whatever you want." She kidded. "Listen Cyan, a Signum is your protector, someone who will be your knight in shining armor, whether it be female or male. A friend at times, a guardian always." She smiled at Virg. "But you can add onto that."

Cyan stared down at her egg.

She got up, marching over to the next room.

"Hon?" Virg called out.

"What?" She called back. "You don't expect me to let everyone hear it!"

They laughed as she shut the door and locked it, running to the farthest end and pulling a blanket over her and the egg.

She brought it closer, gazing at its blank shell.

"L...listen. I don't want only protection!" She scolded. "Be wild---don't frown at me when I am. Don't listen when people want to control you! Don't care! Fight with me! It doesn't matter what else you be---but live with me. I can take care of myself---so don't obsess over my safety--but be my friend!" She suddenly blushed, smiling shyly. "grow fast please, I want to play with you!"

*

She slightly smiled.

She sat up as the water rose up higher and higher. Zethan paused, staring up at her as she stood.

Her eyes glowed a bright cyan light along with her hair, and suddenly the whole ceiling was caving in. Zethan shot up in panic--when he was clutched down by Cyan.

He watched as a strong barrier formed round them--the water parting and the earth above falling around them.

Cyan stood tall, staring fiercely up at the beast as it froze.

It searched and searched---but couldn't find them.

Zethan's eyes went wide in amazement.

The monster screeched and stuck its beak around the cave, sniffing and searching---until it rose its head up and looked to its left in alarm. The ground shook violently, the Seniels were coming.

The beast screeched in frustration, swinging round the cave--for it wasn't stupid. It still held their scents, even if it couldn't see them.

It hit the barrier and Zethan saw it begin to crack.

Cyan tensed as it swung at it again and again. She then turned down to the ground, focusing upon the mud. Come on, she thought desperately, come on! She saw Zethan start to shift--stumbling up to his feet.