XIV

"that's josh?! that's the one you've been hanging out with?" brendon says, tugging the small brunette into the living room by his sleeve.

tyler pouts. he's confused as he makes his way onto the large l-shaped couch. "uh-huh."

"you should stop." brendon says bluntly. wincing at how harsh they sound. he regrets it instantly.

"w-why?" his lips quivers, he pulls his small knees to his chest. "he's nice t'me brennie!"

"he's nice to everyone buddy." brendon sighs.

"i like 'im." tyler says matter of factly, small hands reaching for a knitted blanket on the cushion beside it.

"he's bad news. he's not good." brendon tries again. he doesn't want to go to in to detail if he doesn't have too but he thinks he might need to at this point. tyler's being stubborn.

"bren. he's really good! he kept me safe when a guy was makin' me uncomfy and let bluebell hang out with his cat william." tyler smiles fondly, all cute and small.

brendon sighs. "ty. baby. where'd he take you?"

"oh. i almost forgot. it was so cool! we went to a s-strip club? yeah that's what it's called."

brendon's jaw drops, completely bewildered by the tiny boy in front of him.

"the dancers are so good." he exclaims innocently but he isn't wrong. he's stating what he saw.

"did you drink anything?" he asks quickly, alcohol more concerning than the strippers. tyler's never had alcohol in his life and he wasn't going to let that be ruined.

"no." he shook his head. "only water. promise." the brunette yawns, hiding his feet under his blanket.

brendon wants to be angry and explain everything to tyler but he can't. not now. there's so many things he needs to explain and gosh he just can't but his best friend through that right now. he takes a deep breath, fists clenched.

"wanna go to sleep? we can cuddle." he suggests.

tyler lights up. he loves cuddling. "yes please." he gets up, wrapping the blanket around himself like a cape.

"okay." he nods, brendon tries to smile. "let's go to bed."

"can bluebell sleep with us."

"of course."