IX

josh's appartement is ratty, they go in through the back of a building that has a bright neon sign on the front and music pulsing outside.

tyler pouts and glares mysteriously at the front but josh pulls his wrists and leads him to a metal gridded staircase.

his boots clunk up them and he holds onto bluebell instead of the railing and he shivers in his coat.

"it's not much, but it's something. i room with my friend ryan. he's not home." josh goes on as he unlocks the door with shaky hands and tyler can't help but notice.

the door swings open and reluctantly and nervously little tyler steps in. it stinks of weed but he can't complain when his place is the same.

when josh turns the lights on tyler's eyes widen. it's not all that bad from the inside other than the ashtrays, and loose clothes. other than the mess it was nice.

there's a white kitten perched on the couch and tyler smiles. "s'that william?" he points at her and sets blue down, she begins sniffing all over.

josh nods quickly. "yeah that's him he's pretty cute. he gets along well with dogs, bluebell should be fine."

tyler glances at josh. he looks better in this lighting and little tyler smiles at him because he remembered blues name.

"s-so were going to the strip club?" tyler asks just to confirm and josh smirks because gosh this is going to be fun.

"mhm, yes we are. it-well you'll see."

josh leads them back outside and tyler just wants to go home to see brendon. this wasn't what he signed up for. he had a feeling there'd be a lot of drinking at this strip club.

josh walks him in and tyler's head spins at the lighting and how loud the music is. his eyes almost pop out of his head. he hears josh laugh in front of him and he gets pulled into the main room.

boys, lots of boys. they're wearing barely anything, lingerie at most, there's money sticking out of their clothes and tyler's jaw drops.

there's a stage, there are poles and there's a huge bar.

josh snickers and drags him along and tyler's mouth remains open as he blindly follows josh.