VIII

tyler walks with bluebell's leash curled between his fingers, she's quietly sniffing as they walk towards downtown and for once it's not snowing but just a bit chilly.

little tyler still shivers, he was just at tacobell the other day. he doesn't have money this time, and now he wants cinnamon twists. but instead he gets to see josh.

bluebell is happy, he keeps looking at her and she is by far the best dog he's ever had. he's not a fan of small dogs but bluebell is the exception, she's an angel.

he hums a gentle tune and he's not feeling small. he's big he decides, although he still wants a stuffie in his hands and a pacifier in his mouth.

he holds her leash tightly and at the sight of the bright taco bell sign he stops in his tracks.

josh is a stranger. bad idea. bad idea. very bad idea.

he texts brendon to let him know where he is just in case, he says nothing about josh. he glances at blue and then at taco bell as he types.

i'm at taco bell, just letting you know.
sent.

he doesn't need an answer, as long as brendon knows where he is he's fine.

he gently pulls on blues leash and he starts closing in on taco bell, boots crunching the snow beneath him.

josh is already there, tyler can just see him. he's got a cigarette, hand cupping it as he lights it. tyler hates smokers. weed is fine, cigarettes are not. he's leaning against the window front, he looks cocky, intimidating. tyler is screwed, hes bad with people.

he picks blue up into his arm when she tries to eat snow, it's too cold for her teeth.

josh sees him now, he waves him over, award-winning smile. "join me."

tyler shakes his head in a small way and carries blue and himself over to josh, he almost coughs at the smell of the smoke. "hi." he says quietly.

"s'cold." he says right after.

"it's winter."

"m'in a coat, still cold."

"poor baby." he tuts and takes another drag, tyler scrunched his nose up and turns away.

"you brought your dog." Josh notes, using his free hand and scratching behind her ear. tyler's heart speeds up at how close he is.

"mhm, she keeps me safe." tyler says, holding her close. josh raises an eyebrow.

"from me?"

"n-never said that." he kisses the top of bluebells head and watches josh curiously. he looks tired underneath the light taco bell is providing, his eyes are red, just a little blood shot and the way he moves is lazy.

"so" he flicks the ash of his cigarette and looks at tyler expectantly. "you live nearby?"

"a few blocks." tyler replies quietly. "you?"

"yeah, i live above the strip club." he points to the left. "the one down there."

tylers mouth opens agape and josh chuckles. "you live above a what?"

"a strip club." josh raises a brow and tyler's confused and petting bluebell.

"uh-wh-what's that?" he asks nervously and josh laughs, full on laughs, hands on his knees, wheezing and it takes him a minute to compose himself before he's leaning back up breathlessly. tyler stares.

"you're kidding." josh says unbelievably , eyes wide a playful smile on his lips.

"no m'not, what's a strip club?" tyler asks innocently because he's got no clue.

"you're serious." josh deadpans and stares at tyler who still looks confused, teeth tugging on his bottom lip.

"this is amazing, truly amazing sweetheart." he says to no one in particular and tylers sure if it wasn't 10pm and people were walking about they'd look at him like he's crazy.

"you still hav'nt answered my question." tyler says and josh throws his hands up, ridiculous smile on his lips and he throw his cigarette into the snow. smashing it with the tip of his boots.

"c'mon, i'll show you. it's fun, you'll like it. we can leave, what's her name again?" josh inquires pointing at bluebell who's falling asleeping in tyler's arms.

"bluebell."

"we can leave bluebell in my apartment and then i'll bring you into the club." josh says and he's acting like it's the best idea he's ever had.

"i-i don't know." tyler murmurs, glancing around, not meeting josh's state.

"no, it'll be fun. promise, you'll love it."

"still don't know you." he reminds josh as the redhead wraps a hand around his wrist and tugs him forward.

"this is you getting to know me."

"o-okay." tyler says and he walks beside josh, taking quick steps.

"now, in just 5 minutes you'll be having the time of your life and bluebell will be interacting with my cat william."

"what kind of name is william." tyler giggles and josh smiles.

"a good one!"

tyler forgets to text brendon this time.