XII

tyler is smiling when bluebell greets him at the door of josh's appartement. she seems perfectly fine and proceeds to jump up, paws on his chest in attempt to lick.

"awe blue, i missed ya too." he giggles, picking up the small dog and resting her against his chest.

"Do you want something to drink? water? peach juice?" josh asks, he flicks on the lights and is already heading towards the kitchen.

"peach juice please." tyler says politely, he toes off his shoes at the front door beside josh's and starts getting a better look at the apartment.

"can i sit on the couch?" he asks and josh is quick to say yes albeit sounding confused.

tyler curls up comfortably in the corner with bluebell, he waits patiently for his new friend to come back and he hides his tiny frown from not being able to stay in the club.

william is lounging opposite to tyler and bluebell, the cat is stretched out of the arm of the couch.

"here." josh says, handing tyler the cool glass.

"thank you."

they sit in silence for a little while before his phone is buzzing in his pocket. josh gestures for him to answer.

"h-hi brennie."

"i, uh, m'with josh." he blushes, glancing over at josh who can't help his smirk.

"uh-huh, m'coning home soon. "

"with him?" he looks embarrassed, his cheeks go red and josh's eyebrows furrow as tyler glances over at him. he's nodding and listening, taking sips of his peach juice as brendon talks.

"o-okay see you soon." is the last thing he says before slipping his phone back into his pocket.

"he wants to meet you." tyler blurts out.

josh blinks and scoots over closer. he doesn't really want to leave now but he's put tyler through enough for one night.

"walk me home please." tyler says, he's staring, he's no longer petting bluebell.

josh groans and gets up. "alright."