Chapter | 29

~

~

She stares blankly over to Jason, then gapes at me, her eyes blurring, unable to process anything.

"That can't be. No. There was an explosion, he- he's dead!" She yells in frustration, hands shaking gravely, as she starts to lose control of her breathing.

Jason stands up, hands going into his pocket, reaching for his phone. He eyes her for a second, then walks out of the room.

He's calling Damian.

Alina gasps for air, as her hands gripped my shoulders tightly, supporting her body. She's starting to lose control, I've seen this happen many times. Just not on her.

I wouldn't want to know what happens if she actually loses it, due to her state. She has dangerous abilities, she could do things she'll regret later on.

And there's only one person able to calm her down.

She starts sobbing quietly as she gripped my shoulders, her face hidden away by her strands of hair.

At this point, I don't know. I don't know what's about to happen. Her body starts shaking, and her breathing stopped.

For a moment, everything stopped.

Her body stayed limp, hands still gripping my shoulders. This is a deadly silence, and I fear for the worst.

Just as I thought, she screamed, one of the loudest I've ever heard. She screams, tears dripping onto the bed, hands still holding my body for support.

I feel the pain in her shrilling screaming, a non-ending pain.

Out of the moment, I feel hands pulling my body away from hers, and once I looked up, Damian.

I've never seen this look on him before.

He furrowed his brows, a whirl of emotions in his green eyes. He feels pain for her.

Damian sits on the bed, taking her hands, as she continued sobbing, and pulled her in for a tight embrace, showing protectiveness.

I breathe out, relieved, walking out of the room. Jason closes the door, and motions me to go outside. I nod.

~

a few hours later

[ a l i n a ]

"Soy?" I mumble softly, inspecting the packaging. Damian peeks up from my shoulders, frowning.