Chapter | 22

May Adam West rest in peace. He was the actor who portrayed Bruce Wayne in the Batman Series from 1966 to 1968.
#RIPbatman

- START OF PART TWO -

"Don't thaw the light in your eyes."

"There has never been one."

~

~

THREE YEARS LATER

~

The castle of Valencia was one of the most distinctive among those in Europe. It's cream walls, rose gardens, statues and gargoyles, shimmering fountains, gravel walkways, it seemed as if it came out of a fairytale.

But it was far from a fairytale.

Two years ago, chaos had erupted. Two years ago, the Royal Family had been broken. This time, permanently.

Nobody really knows what happened; but there was one person that saw it all:

Taliana Vanderbilt.

At exactly three in the morning, she woke up, hearing noises from the castle's halls.

She followed the noises, to end up in the throne room; and saw a sight she'd never thought would ever happen.

Alina Vanderbilt, sobbing, her entire body shaking, holding her mother and father's lifeless bodies.

Blood surrounded the three of them. One of the windows had been broken, next to the throne.

"They-they killed them.. In front of me!" The Princess sobbed as she held her father's body.

A few weeks after the distraught event, her little brother, Prince Michael, went missing.

And that was it. Ever since that horrid day, nobody's heard about the her anymore. It's almost as if it was all a twisted fairytale.

[ A L I N A ]

I stare at the painting longer than I should've.

My mother, dressed in red, a golden crown shimmering on top of her neatly styled bun, standing next to my father. She was smiling, she was happy. Something I've never seen.

Seeing Mum's portrait, it reminded me of myself. Same nose, same lips, but I certainly inherited Dad's eyes.

I stand up, cover the large painting with the thin black tissue. I don't want to be reminded of them. My toes curls around the soft red carpet, as I let myself fall into the sofa behind me.