Chapter | 26

[ a l i n a ]

[ a l i n a ]

"Where have you been?" Taliana asks me, as she stands by my doorstep. She's starting to act like my mother now.

"Outside." I reply bitterly, taking a look around my room.

It has been renovated, to my liking. This used to be my parent's suite. Nathan thought it was too much, so he gave this one up for a regular suite. He didn't want to be surrounded with my parent's belongings.

Everything here was simple yet classy. "You just can't go outside! It's too dangerous! Talia might be hiding in a corner, waiting to catch you! And I hate the fact that we almost have the same damn name!" She sighs, crossing her arms.

"Then let her." I sigh, looking out the window. The snow was starting to melt.

"You have to be careful with them. If someone sees you, you're dead." She retorts, her black hair styled in a french braid. She wore a knitted sweater, along with a simple brown skirt. No matter how much Ariana tried to deny it, Taliana dod have a sense in fashion.

"I need you to arrange a meeting with the ministers."

"Again?"

"Yes, I'll tell them about my final decision."

"So, will you take the crown or not?"

"You'll have to see." I sigh, closing the curtains, completely blocking the sun.

Liana steps in, taking a seat on my sofa. She seems puzzled, her deep maroon eyes seemed..lost.

"After everything that's happened. Your parents, Aunt Genera's suicide.. Michael's disappearance.."

I close my eyes, chasing away those horrid, putrid memories.

Aunt Genera, Ariana's mum. She hung herself a few months ago, on the day of her late husband's birthday.

Ariana doesn't talk about it, ever. She tries to keep it away from her life, but I know she's having difficulties.

I can only hope she's doing okay, over there, in Gotham. Hopefully she'll find a man, someone to take care of her.

This is my wish for her.

_________

[ D A M I A N ]

"I'll stop him." I state, watching Tim, as he went back and forth. He stops, massaging his forehead, as he seethes.