Chapter | 12

- I'm furious. I've already had this chapter completed last week, and for some reason, It got deleted. So here I am, rewriting it. -

~

The tall, black-haired girl moved past her cousin, dropping the two bags full of groceries onto the kitchen table, producing a loud banging sound.

Alina watches her cousin, unable to say anything. "What.. are you doing?" She asks, closing the door, walking towards the kitchen.

"Bringing you food, what does it look like?" Taliana mutters, inspecting the plastic bags, searching for something. Her face lights up as she takes out a pack of chips, and opens it.

"Why?" The question comes out as a blurt, as she was more surprised due to the fact that her cousin was here. With her. In Gotham. She went over to the table, examining the plastic bag that was filled with all kinds of food. Vegetables, fruits, juices, the whole ordeal.

"I know you, Alli. You probably haven't left this place in days. I was worried. Your brother is an idiot." Liana mutters the last part under her breath, munching on her chips.

It was no secret. Nathan and Liana could not stand each other. Alina wondered if it was rivalry or jealousy, being the older ones in the family. Alas, she could not care less at the moment, she was almost dying of hunger, according to her growling stomach.

She searches through the plastic bags, searching for any kind of snacks. She lights up the moment a pack of candy hits her eye. Reaching for it, she hurriedly ripped it open, watching Liana. Her cousin says nothing as she starts to stock up her cabinet, arranging the veggies into the fridge, whilst casually snacking on her chips.

"Does your parents know?" Liana sighs, closing the last cabinet door. Alina's head tilts, fixing her cousin.
Liana, frustrated, repeated the question; "Do your parents know you've sent David away?"

To that, Alina shook her head.

"It's royal protocol, Alina. You need at least a guard with you at all times. What if someone recognizes you? Or worse, try to hurt you?"
"You know I can defend myself." The moment those words had come out, Talia immediately stopped her nagging. She knew damn well what her cousin was capable of, yet she refused to acknowledge it at most times.

"You need to follow protocol." She repeated, crossing her arms.

"I know."

~

"Don't tell anyone about my visit, okay?"

Deep down, Alina wished for more time with her cousin. Turns out, Taliana was on a royal visit to a nearby town and took the opportunity to see her. A few hours was what she could mostly do without anyone noticing, and so she grasped the time to see Alina.

You need to follow the protocol.

Having David back might mean an end to her freedom. How much she loathed him, that lout! She might as well throw herself into the nearest river. She terribly missed her family, but mostly her cousin; Ariana. They used to do all kinds of stuff together; things royal kids usually do.

Running through hallways, raiding the kitchens, playing with their parents' crowns and jewelry...

All of that ended too soon for Alina; for she met a different kind of turn. A dark one.

Shadows constantly looming over her, watching her every step. She wasn't safe. Not even here. And no one can grant her protection.

As her fingers grazed upon her scar, she closed her eyes and repeated the same words, the words she said so many times that it eventually morphed into a prayer:
"He won't find me here."

~

The middle-aged man snapped his fingers, and a few seconds later, a young butler entered the room.

The butler bowed, silent, waiting for further information. The man ignored him, busy writing. Moments later, the letter was done; sealed shut and named.

As he snapped his head upwards, meeting the young butler's eyes, he lowered his glasses and handed him the envelope.

"I entrust you with this letter, boy. Hand it over to Talia Al-Ghul before midnight."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

____________________________

YOU GUYS. I'm extremely sorry.

First of all, I've already completed this chapter last week, with about 2000+ words. And Wattpad friggin deleted it.

Second, I haven't had time to continue writing because my finals are next week! Terrifying, I know. It's the main reason behind this extremely short chapter. I'm sorry.

That only means one thing:

I'll be graduating in late April, and going to University in August. Ahh! I'm kinda excited but scared at the same time.

And I've had a few problems applying, because I'm currently 17 and apparently, in some Universities, I have to be older than 18 to apply?! That's so strange. I didn't know that.

So here I am, waiting for my acceptance letter. Oh well.

Sorry again for the late late post, but thank you for reading!

Love,
         Sophia ⚜️