Chapter | 38

I apologize for the hiatus! I wasn't feeling very well and unstable (mentally) these past few weeks, and I felt like I needed a break. I know it was totally unprofessional of me to do that. Don't worry, I'm a lot better now, and back to normal! (hopefully)

And also, Wattpad is a complete MESS. I tried to update for more than a week, but I just couldn't. And it keeps failing to save my drafts. I had a 4000 word chapter written up, and It got deleted! I'm so mad.

 I had a 4000 word chapter written up, and It got deleted! I'm so mad

[ a l i n a ]

On that very moment, as she spoke those words, it was as if my brain had shut itself down, and my body was reacting in another way.

My mouth was slightly open, and my ears ringed. The nurse continued talking, although I didn't hear, couldn't hear any word she was uttering.

Beast Boy stood beside me, his hands patting my shoulders, giving me support. I couldn't quite see what his reaction was. At this moment, the only thing I could hear was my own ragged breathing.

Pregnant. Pregnant. You're pregnant. I'm pregnant. What?

Snapping back into reality, I sat straight and interrupted the nurse, who was talking about something I didn't pay attention about.

"Are you sure?" I asked, and she nodded. "Yes, your Majesty, we tested it twice, to make sure. You are pregnant." She smiled softly, the wrinkles appearing beside her squinted eyes.

Oh dear lord, I was carrying a baby.

Smiling, she opened her mouth again, reaching for the door,
"All right then, I'll leave you two alone-"

She stopped in her steps as I held out my hand, spinning her body around to face me. Her eyes flashed a shade of amber as she stood, almost lifeless, gaping at me.

I hate this, but the situation leaves me no choice.

"You will forget of what has occurred. The Princess's results was merely a slight wound on her left leg, which left a scar. Nothing more." I stood up, my hands still controlling her from afar.

Letting her go, she fell down to the ground, gasping for air. Slowly, she stood up again, collecting herself. I could practically sense Beast Boy's confusion.

"Oh dear, it seems that I have stumbled. Pardon me, your Grace." She smiled, composing herself.

"It's quite all right. Tell me, what were my results again?" I asked, noticing Beast Boy's stare.

"Oh, your results? You only have a small scar, on your leg. I'll take a healing cream for you dear." She smiled yet again, leaving the both of us in the room.

"You.. have mind controlling powers?" Beast Boy mutters, a frown on his face.

"Yes. To say the least. But I don't like using my abilities, they're the reason my whole life fell apart." I mumbled, taking my shoes and my coat.