Chapter 12: Fiancé

The lessons continued as such, and months and years have passed. I am now 8 years old, a very important time for the character 'Liliane'.

In the game, Liliane was engaged to the second prince of Aquamerria, Ren Hiard Aldon at the age of 8. I had turned 8 a few months ago, so he should be visiting the palace soon.

When I finish dance class with Ms. Frost, a messenger of the King arrives; explaining that the Second Prince and the King of Aquamerria was to arrive for dinner.

"Sorry to interrupt Princess, but your father requests for you to get ready for the meeting tonight with the royal family of Aquamerria. Hence, the rest of your classes will be cancelled."

"Understood. Thank you for the message, Sir Luke. Please let my father know I will be resting in the courtyard, if not my room."

"As you wish."

The messenger retreats, and I steel myself for what is to come. It was finally the day I would meet my fiancé. 

I've brushed up on my etiquette quite a bit, and there is only a few more things to learn. I've also mastered geography and literature, as well as history. I've still got to perfect my Greek, so I'm not quite done with languages. but this was all mastered at the age of 6, so I am quite proud of myself, if I were to brag.

I was a bit sad that I had to leave Eira though...

For the opened up space, I took up mathematics and training. Since I already l learned most of math in my past life, I was able to complete the course in 1 year. So, I was able to fully immerse myself in training. The weapons that I were able to master were the dagger, rapier, and staff. Because of my status as a princess, I couldn't develop bulky muscles, which led to training with lighter weapons. In advice from my instructor, Ms. Foxard, I chose those three weapons. I was also able to learn a martial art, just to defend my self just in case I was in danger without a weapon.

I must say, things are going pretty smoothly for number 2 on the list.

I decide that I would take a bath first, since I was sweating a bit from dancing.

I take a long, relaxing herbal rose bath, soaking in for about 1 hour. When I get out, I eat my small lunch in the courtyard, in the rose garden. I read up on some Greek culture, trying to perfect my language. The time passes by quickly, and it was already about two hours before dinner.

I go to my room and pick out a simple, light green dress embroiled with pink roses. I have my maids do my hair; done up in a simple, elegant braid with light green crystal leaves surrounding my head like a crown.

Once everything looks perfect, I leave with Emma for the dining hall. After the guard announces my arrival, I enter the room, seeing my father and mother already seated, chatting about the weather and such.

"Liliane, come here, dear."
My mother suddenly says, abruptly stopping her conversation with father. She has a slightly troubled expression.

"Yes mother?"
I said, feigning ignorance to what she was troubled by. She looks straight into my eyes, takes a deep breath, and starts to explain my engagement with the guests coming here tonight.

"Liliane, dear, the truth is, you are going to be engaged tonight. To the second price of Aquamerria."

Well, since I already saw it coming, it didn't really surprise me. I should have acted a little surprised, since mother and father looked a little worried when they saw my smiling face.

"Liliane, are you alright?"

Father asks, my parents both looking very worried. 

"No, no, I am fine. If this is for the benefit for the kingdom and its people in the future, I will gladly accept this duty of mine."

"My little girl is growing up so fast..."

Father cries with a horribly pained expression. Mother simply smiles at the scene and rubs my head.

"I'm so proud to have such a reliable princess as our daughter."

I smile back.

____________________

The door of the dining room opens, and one man and one boy comes through the door. I recognize the boy as the second prince.

"Greetings, Theo and Maria. Thank you for inviting us today."
The man greets, giving a slight bow. Theo was my father, Theodore Marcus Acton II, and Maria was my mother was Maria Elise Acton. The three rulers are friends, and call each other as they did 'back in the day'.

As the three converse, I turn to the prince, giving him my best curtsy.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Prince Ren."

"Likewise, Princess Liliane."
He says, with a smile. I don't know why, but my heart feels as if it is being crushed when I see it. There is so much sadness hidden his smile, something that a 8 year old should not have.

"Hello, Liliane, it's nice to meet you."
A rough voice erupts, interrupting my thoughts.

"It is an honour to meet you, Your Majesty."
I say, giving the King a floor sweeping curtsy.

"Hoho. It seems like you've taught your daughter well."
The King praises.

"Thank you, Your Majesty."
I said, remembering to always thank any praise, directly or indirectly given.

Father offers them a seat and enjoy the meal. As the maids explain each dish served, I observe the king and the prince.

The prince was the same as the game; black hair, and ocean blue eyes. But there was a slight difference. The prince no longer looked like an indifferent, mysterious character; but a boy shrouded in tragedy.

The king was, to describe in one word, strong. The king seems to be young and old, having an undefinable aura around him. It was something perfectly fitting of a man of the military. Piles of experience mixed together with pride and dignity, a bit different from father.

The dinner continues silently and peacefully, as I sneak a few glances at my sad fiancé.

_________________________

A/N: Yay! I wrote a long chapter! It's like, double the length. I so proud of myself. And thank you to @RoyalofBloodRose for the dagger suggestion!

Rose_Valentine15

❤︎

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!
(๑>◡<๑)