Chapter 1: I Died

Hello, my name is Kaede Sakamoto, 16 years old. Just your average Japanese high school student. Today marks an eventful day in my life.

I died.

Technically, it wasn't my fault. I was walking home from school, when a woman pushed me onto to the road, right on front of a honking truck. Yes, a truck.

Well, I don't hate the lady, really. She probably had somewhere she had to go really badly enough to push someone on the road.

But because of that, 'Truck-san' crashed into me, making me fly back a bit, while crushing my bones into pieces. Then, it skidded to a halt, stopped, and sped away. It lead a bloody set of tire tracks behind, as well as bleeding body.

But seriously, what is it with these high school girls getting mercilessly crushed by 'Truck-san'? I mean, its really not fair. While some high school guys get run over, the rest usually get summoned at the last minute or something to be a hero. While we girls get sucked up into some hot mess with some random 'otome game' character and end up being some 'Villainess'. Is there some sexism going on here? 

Unfortunately, that is exactly the situation I am in right now: I am lying in the middle of the road, bleeding out to death, with no magic circle transporting me out of here.

I hear men and women whispering and crowding a circle around me. I think someone's calling an ambulance, but my hearing is going away.

A cool, unfamiliar feeling seeps through my body as I begin to lose feeling in my feet and my fingers. Luckily, because of the shock state I was going through, the pain didn't really register that clearly. Only a slight tinge in my stomach is left.

People say that your life flashes before your eyes the moment before you die. You do. My nostalgic childhood memories, the friends I grew up with, my dearest and beloved parents, my ever-so-cute little sister; they all pass me by as I try to hold on to my consciousness.

Regrets and last wishes fill my head and I plead to God for one more chance. I needed to tell them I love them. I have to.

But, life doesn't work out that way, does it? If you're going to die, you die. 

And God, if you really exist, please let me rest in peace and not reincarnate in some 'otome game'.........Please. I beg of you.

_________________________

Rose_Valentine15

❤︎

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!
(๑>◡<๑)