Chapter 20 - School Trip

It was a Tuesday morning in the month of February, and I had to get up at 5am to get to school by 6:30 so we can go up to Birmingham for the day, as we have to go to the Black Country Museum.
"Maddie, are you awake?" I heard a sleepy Tom knock on my door softly.
"I'm awake Tom," I said back. I got up, unplugged my phone of charge and walked over to my dressing table. I had already had a shower the night before so I thought it'd be best not to have ANOTHER one.
As I was curling my hair, my phone binged!

Rosie👑💗 - My mom's picking you up at 6:15, hope that's OK x

Shit! I have to curly my hair in 45 minutes, and I haven't even got changed or brushed my teeth!

Me - Yeah, that's fine x

Urghhhhh, I'm stressing out. OK, so I curled my hair really fast but I knew it wouldn't be as good as I'd hoped it be. I chucked out random clothes that I thought would be fashionable and put them on, brushed my teeth and raced downstairs.
6:10.
Shit! Shit! Shit! I run through the cupboards and found a packet of rice crispy bars. That'll have to do! I chucked them in my bag, and grabbed three bottles of water from the fridge into my bag.
I then heard footsteps coming down the stairs.
"Buzz," He put his arm ups to let me know he wants to be picked up.
I dropped my bag into the sofa and went over to him. I put him on my hip and once we both reached his bedroom, I put him back in his cot. I kissed him goodbye and left him in his bed. Once I was downstairs, I hears him cry and scream my name. It hurt me that he wanted me to comfort him but I couldn't.
I grabbed my bag from by the sofa and placed it next to me while I sit down on the sofa.

I went on my Snapchat and went through the stories. I saw that Aidan had posted a selfie of himself of his story. He had scruffy morning hair, that was flat on his head. The photo was took in the his mirror, showing his sleepy face, wearing a white top and a red and black flannel on top, with jet black ripped jeans. Fuck, didn't he look hot?

Rosie messaged you!

Rosie👑💗 - Outside x

I left a note on the side, to let Tom, Giovanna and even little Buzz that I've gone. I also wrote down that I love them all and I'll message them once I'm on my way home.

"So, at you two excited girls?" Rosie's mom asked us.
"I am Mrs Prune,"
"Yeah, I've never been to Birmingham before so it's sort of an exciting achievement," Rosie nodded.
"You know what Rose, the last time I was in Brum was when I was only two months pregnant with you. That was for your brother's funeral,"
"I'm sorry to hear that," I felt a shiver of guilt go through my bones.
"No, it's fine. He was a kind boy, our Mark. Could make anyone laugh, and then he got struck at the age of 18 months of leukemia. Didn't stand a chance the little monster. Then we moved down here, a day or two after his funeral to start a new life,"
"I'm sorry for you loss, and I know I may sound rude but I don't know what to say other than I'm sorry," I said.
"It's fine, Madison," I cringed at my name but I just smiled at her through the window.

"Madison Fletcher and Rosie Prune!" My head teacher shouted from the front of the hall.
We both got up and stood in the queue.
"Sam Crutchford and Aiden Willford,"
"'Ello," I heard Aiden say once he was behind me.
I just responded by turning around to him and smiling.

"Shotgun the window!" I heard Rosie shout.
"Fine," We both say right at the back and buckled out seatbelts.
"Hey, you know Joshua?" Rosie turned to me.
"Blonde Josh?"
"Yeah, yeah. He asked me out,"
I turned to her with shock. Rosie first told me about Josh back when we first start to proper talk because all we would talk about was boys. I wasn't to keen on him at first because when they both first met at Five Guys, Josh accidentally knocked her food out of her hands but he asked if he could make up to it by buying her food again, but Rosie insisted him not too. Later that day, they both exchanged numbers and social medias.
"Really? What have you said?"
"I might have said yes,"
I squealed so loud, "Well done! So when's the wedding now?" I laughed.
"Shh you. Anyway," she whispered, "When's yours and Aiden's date?"
"It's not a date, he's just booked a meal for both of us and that's it," I shrugged.
"That's a date, Mads,"
I shrugged, "Even if it was, it probably wouldn't go very far,"
"Right! Can everyone hear me?" Mrs Lisa shouted, she's Aidens form tutor.
An echo of, "Yeah," filled the room.
"Good, we are going to set of in about 5 minutes. Half way there, we're going to stop off at a service station so you kids can get food or go to the toilet if needed. Deal?"
"Yes," Again, an echo of voices filled the room.
She then sat down at the front and chatter corrupted again.