eighteen.

{Chloe's POV}

Will I ever get out of this suffering? Every second, every tick of the clock kills me, making me feel like I'm slowly dying with every breath I take in. I can't take any more of this. I need to get out. I can't let these walls contain me forever. I need to see my mom again. I need to see Katy. I need to see her smile again; I need to hear her laugh again; I need to be with her again. But most of all, I want to live again. Being inside this small little room just kills me. I feel like a caged animal, forced to live apart from the others. I want to feel free again. I want to feel how the breeze of the sea is against my skin again; I want to feel how the warmth of the sun is against my skin again; I want to feel how those bubble baths mom would prepare for me relaxes me after a long day again; I want to feel how good it is to smile again. I want to feel alive again. And not just merely surviving, but alive- having something good to look back to when I am old and wrinkly with grandchildren someday, sharing and telling them my adventures when I still had the energy to do everything I wish to do. A knock on my door brings me back to what really is going on, tearing me away from my thoughts. I push myself off the uncomfortable bed, sitting upright as I look at who the person is standing at the door.

"What?" I hiss, sending my supposed best friend a glare. Oh so now you want to talk to me?

"Chloe I-"

"Get out." I tell her, my voice thick as I turn my back on her like how she did to me when she ruined the trust I completely gave to her.

"Chloe please, just hear me out." She pleads. No matter how hard I try to tell myself that I shouldn't forgive people so easily, I just couldn't. That isn't who I am and I hate it. I hate being so kind to people who don't deserve it. I hate being so vulnerable and soft.

"What do you want?" I cut her off, looking at her with so much hatred it makes me slightly uncomfortable. She betrayed me, letting me think that she actually cares where in reality she is nothing but a heartless bitch. I actually thought she was my best friend. Too bad it was all an act.

"Chloe you have to listen to me. ." She says slowly, stepping inside the room and sit next to me. I scoot further away from her, not daring to look into her eyes. I know that if I would, I would fall for her act again. I know that I would forgive her even after what she did to me. But I also know better. What she did to me was horrible and I couldn't forgive her that easily. I don't want to.

"Why? So you can trick me again?" I ask, sarcasm filling every word I say. I laugh dryly, rolling my eyes as I turn my back towards her.

"Chloe, I'm sorry. Please, just listen to me. You need to know about something that's about to happen." She reaches for my hand but I quickly yank it away, not wanting her to touch me as if she possesses an infectious and incurable disease.

"Look, I don't-"

"Katy's coming." She blurts out, making me turn around instantaneously.

"What?" I shout. "Are you serious?"

"Yes, but that's not what I came here for. Something else will happen tonight. I don't care if they'll kill me for telling you but you have to know. I'm not supposed to be talking to you, though. Ever." She tells me, her hands infront of her, making me sit back down.

"Does she know I'm here?" I silently ask, my voice breaking as I look at Taylor. I sniffle, a single tear running down my cheek. I quickly wipe it away, hoping that she didn't notice. She nods, looking away as if my stare would melt her.

"Jonathan called her, told her everything and now she's coming. But. . ." She pauses, swallowing the lump in her throat as she looks down with tears trickling down her cheeks. But what?

"Chloe. . ." She sobs. "Jonathan's planning to kill you right infront of Katy. Tonight." She chokes out, struggling to speak as she sobs loudly. I stare at her, my heart no longer beating as I feel my whole body stiffen. What?

"What?" I shout, no longer caring about anything else. "Are you fucking kidding me? How do I know you aren't tricking me or something? How do I know you're telling me the truth?" I ask, tears trickling down my cheeks. I don't care about anything, anymore. All I care about is the fact that I'm about to die. Infront of my own mother tonight.

"Why would I lie to you about this?" She asks, her voice strained as she tries to hold her tears back in while she looks at me. I just stare at her, not being able to formulate any respond. I collapse on the bed, the springs underneath creaking as my body bounces on top of the mattress. I stare at the ceiling, my body numb and no longer responding. This isn't real. This isn't real.

"I'm getting you out of here." What?

"Do you even know what you're saying? I know what Jonathan is capable of. He's capable of murder. He can kill whoever he wants to kill. How the hell do you plan on getting me out without dying with me?" I scream, my eyes blurred with tears as I cough loudly, choking between my sobs.

"I don't know!" She screams, burying her face on her shaking palms.

"I don't know." She whispers, sobbing loudly. I look at her with tears staining my cheeks, still not being able to process what's going on quite completely. I can't fully grasp the thought of myself dying. I'm not ready and I know I'll never be- well, at least not anytime soon. I don't know what to feel anymore. Everything is too confusing for me right now. Every possible emotion that can ever be felt by man is going on inside me, all at once. My head starts spinning, loosing control over myself as my frail body collapses on the stone hard bed. I want to scream, puke, pull my hair off, and cry at the same time. I don't understand what I'm feeling anymore. This has to be a nightmare. This is too much for me to take in. And to make it all worse, my own father wants me dead. How delightful. I won't even get to record my own album like my how my mom and I planned to a few weeks back. I won't get to graduate from highschool and see how happy everyone is for me. I won't get to have my own family, my own children, my own house, my own car.

I won't get to live.

-a/n-

its so short im sorry