twelve.

{Katy's POV}

I struggle to keep up with Shannon's pace, trailing behind her as she makes a run towards the hospital. I adjust my satchel on my shoulder, not wanting it to fall off as I run after Shannon. By the time I enter the front doors of the hospital, she's already on her way to some room the nurse told her. I force myself to keep following her, not wanting to lose my friend.

"Shan, wait up!" I call for her, earning a few stares as I start panting. Damn, this woman moves fast.

"Shannon!" By now, people are staring, looking at me intently as I probably look like a worn out shit who just ran a marathon. She doesn't look back, though. She continues to ignore me, stepping inside the elevator. Thankfully, I reach it before the metal door closes. I step inside, panting loudly as I wipe the sweat, that managed to surface when I was running, across my forehead.

"Is Markus okay?" I ask, looking at her as she stands at the edge of the elevator, trying to be as far away from me as possible.

"Oh, so now you care?" She snaps, sending me a glare. I sigh, looking down at my feet.

"Look, I'm sorry."

"I already told you. Apologize to Markus." She replies almost instantly, her hands crossed on her chest. The elevator door opens, saving both of us from the awkward tension. Well, maybe I was the only one who felt it but still. She steps out first, running along the eerie hallways leading us to Markus' room. I follow, not running after her anymore. I'm just tired of forcing us both to talk to her when she doesn't even want to talk.

"Markus!" Shannon rushes to his side, caressing his curly hair. I sigh as I take a seat, watching both of them.

"He's just resting." Bonnie says, standing up beside me from the couch. I look at her, seeing her eyes bloodshot. This is all my fault.

"What happened?" Shannon asks, ignoring me still. I stay silent, not wanting to talk.

"I was driving behind him since he brought his car. We were on a road leading to that mountain we went to last year, remember that one?" She looks at me and Shannon, raising her eyebrow. Both Shannon and I nod, waiting for her to continue.

"Well, remember how the road wasn't even made of concrete and how you kept insisting that someone might fall off the road and die because there aren't any barriers?" Bonnie laughs, shaking her head at me. I smile, remembering it quite clearly.

"Yeah, that's what happened I guess. The police said that Markus' car was so close to the edge when he took a turn and apparently the ground under him just collapsed. His car went fucking downhill. By the time I reached the site where Markus was, I was crying like crazy. I didn't know what to do. I called 911 and everything, I was panicking. Markus was unconscious and the paramedics dragged him out of his car as soon as they came and asked me what happened and told me I could come, so I did. They told me he could've died if I hadn't called in time, I mean the gas was leaking and shit. His car had a tendency of exploding! I was so scared, Kate." She mumbles the last part, tears slowly trickling down her cheeks. I pull her into a hug since we were sitting next to each other, letting her cry on my shoulder. We stayed silent for a good couple of minutes, just the sounds of Bonnie's sobs echoing around the dreadful hospital room.

"I- I need to get some coffee. I'll be right back." Bonnie lets go of me, wiping away her tears as she stand up. She sniffles, putting her sunglasses on. As Bonnie opens the door, Shannon stands up in an instant.

"I'm coming with you." The brunette says, hurrying to Bonnie's side.

"Is something wrong with you guys?" Bonnie asks, raising her eyebrow at me then Shannon.

"No." Shannon answers, rolling her eyes at Bonnie.

"Come on, I'm not stupid." Bonnie cocks her head to the side, placing her hand on her hips. I sigh heavily, standing up and take a seat next to Markus' bed.

"Can we just drop it?" Shannon asks, irritated as she tries to open the door. Bonnie stops her though, blocking her from opening the door. She sighs, stepping away from the door as she closes her eyes in annoyance.

"You want to know what happened, Bon?" Shannon asks, opening her eyes as she flashes a sarcastic smile.

"Katy here," She says, looking at me. "Is a selfish little bitch who doesn't care about anyone but her and Chloe. You know what, I've had it with her. She thinks that the world revolves around her. She doesn't care about us; All she cares about is herself. She doesn't even care about Markus who almost died because of trying to help her. Katy is a fucking twat." Shannon turns around, and push Bonnie away from the door. She opens the door and head outside, slamming it probably loud enough for everyone on this floor to hear. I wipe away my tears, swallowing the lump in my throat. Bonnie approaches me, pulling me into a tight hug. I sob loudly, staining her favorite shirt with my tears.

"I'm sorry for ruining your shirt. I know you love this shirt so much." I apologize as I let go, sniffling as I wipe away my tears with the back of my hand.

"No, its okay. Look, I don't know what happened between the two of you but I don't want to see you fighting. And I'm sure Markus doesn't too. Try talking to her." Bonnie rests her hands on my shoulders, looking right into my eyes.

"I did try to talk to her but she won't listen. She keeps ignoring me." I reply, my voice cracking. Bonnie sighs, closing her eyes for a moment.

"I'll try and talk to her." She pulls me into a hug, comforting me.

"Thank you."

"It's nothing. Now I have to find her outside and try to get her to stop being bitchy." She laughs, making me do the same. I let go of her, smiling.

"I owe you." I tell her.

"You don't owe me anything." She says, walking towards the door with a huge smile on. As soon as she steps out, my smile fades along with Bonnie's presence. I look at Markus, peacefully sleeping on the hospital bed. I sigh as I slump back down on the plastic chair, grabbing his cold hand.

"I'm sorry."