ten.

{Katy's POV}

I pour myself my hundredth cup of coffee, not getting any bit of sleep at all. I sigh as I look at the dark substance slowly filling the once empty cup, closing my eyes quickly as the headache surfaces. I have to take some meds again.

"Okay, here is today's route." Officer Willis, the one handling the search and rescue operation for Chloe, speaks. I can hardly focus on anything right now. This headache is killing me.

"Your group," Willis says as he points at Shannon. "Will be going through this road." The blonde officer trails his finger along a road far from the highways, along the outskirts of Beverly Hills. He continues to give instructions, his voice loud and demands respect as he continues to talk. After he finishes, everybody nods, grabbing their car keys and head outside. I'm really thankful for everyone who volunteered to help, even those neighbors who aren't as friendly as I thought they were offered their service.

"Kate? You okay?" Shannon asks me, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah. I just need to swallow an Aspirin and I'd be good to go." I force out a smile, not wanting her to worry.

"Okay. I'll wait for you in my car." I nod, walking toward the cupboards containing the medicines available inside the house. I rummage through the different drugs, grabbing one tablet of Aspirin and quickly pop it into my mouth. I grab a glass of water, taking a chug of the cold beverage to push the tablet down my aching throat. I quickly head outside, seeing everyone busy even at an early hour in the morning. I jog towards Shannon's car, getting in as soon as the car door opens.

"You sure you're okay? I mean you haven't got any sleep last night for sure. I know you're worried about Chloe but we can't keep this up, Katy. You need to get some sleep." Shannon says as soon the car starts running along the concrete street. I sigh loudly, closing my eyes.

"Yes I'm sure. Stop worrying so much about me. I can take care of myself, for fucks sake Shannon." I snap, my teeth clenched tightly.

"I'm sorry." I apologize after a few moments, realizing what I just did. The brunette in the driver's seat sighs, glancing at me for a second.

"It's okay." She replies. No one talked after that, only silence filling the car I could clearly hear our heartbeats. We quietly drive along the road Officer Willis told us to, my eyes searching through the bushes and fields we pass through carefully.

"You know, I always wanted to be a mother." Shannon randomly says, taking me by surprise. I look at her, blinking a couple of times.

"Sorry, it just-"

"No no, it's fine." I interrupt her before she could finish, my gaze distant though I currently am facing her.

"Do you-" She hesitates. I urge her to continue, looking at her with wide eyes. "Do you think I could be a good mommy?" I look at her, frowning slightly. Of all there is to talk about, why this? I don't quite understand why she is asking me this.

"Never mind." She mumbles.

"Yes." I reply to her question earlier, forcing a smile through the confusion.

"Wha- Oh! You- you really think so?"

"Yeah, I think you'd be a great mother." She looks at me briefly, smiling before she looks back at the road. I look out the window, wishing for anything, anything at all for clues that would lead us to Chloe. Maybe, just maybe, if I'd look hard enough I'd find Chloe and get her back.

"Why did you ask all of a sudden?" I finally get it out, the question lingering at the tip of my tongue for quite some time now.

"Oh, I don't know. I was just thinking, what if I'd adopt-" Shannon's phone rings, stopping her from talking any longer.

"Hold on a sec." She says, making me nod as I sit on the passenger's seat a tad bit impatiently.

"Hello?" She answers the call, easing on the brakes as she stops the car so she call talk to whoever is on the other line without any hassle. No one goes through this road anyway, so I guess it's okay to stop wherever.

"Oh hey Bonnie, what's up?" Shannon smiles.

"Yeah, Katy's with me. Why?" I look at her, my eyes wide with confusion. She shrugs, telling me she doesn't know either.

"What?" Her smile fades, her eyebrows furrowed with confusion.

"Why do we need to go to a goddamn hospital?" She laughs nervously, making me bite on my lower lip. Something is up, I can feel it.

"What?" She yells. "Okay, we're on our way." Her feet harshly slams on the accelerator, turning the car around almost instantly as she grips the steering wheel tightly.

"Why are we turning around? We have to find Chlo-"

"Can we not worry about Chloe just for a little while? Markus got in an accident trying to find Chloe and is in the hospital right now, do you know that? Oh wait, of course not. You're too busy creating a world consisting of you and Chloe alone." She snaps, taking me by surprise.

"All you care about is Chloe. Chloe, Chloe, Chloe. Kate, what about us? What about your best friends? We just mean nothing to you, is that it? Your friend is in the hospital, struggling to stay alive, for fucks sake. Do you not care at all? Ever since Chloe came into the picture, you started blocking us all out from your perfect little world. Katheryn, we've had it with this little attitude of yours. We understand that your daughter means so much to you, but what about us? Do we mean anything to you at all?" I lower my head, looking down as tears start to trickle down my cheeks. I take in a deep and shaky breath, trying to regulate my breathing as I choke with my own tears.

"I'm sorry." I whisper, my voice so low it almost couldn't be heard.

"Apologize to Markus for being an inconsiderate friend." She replies, scowling deeply. I look out the window, not being able to bare Shannon getting mad at me.

What have I done?

-a/n-

sorry for not updating sooner. . got a little lack of ideas :( but it's okay now! we're back on tract

so how's this chapter? okay? not

okay? i wanna know what you think!