two.

{??? POV}

"Hey, uhm. . . I- I have to go." I lie, scratching the back of my neck as I look down. I was never good at lying. I fucking hate it. I quickly stand up, leaving the coffee shop without any hesitation. I sprint outside, my heart beating swiftly with all the running. I take one last look at my phone just to check that message.

You better be here in 5 minutes or you'll be sorry. . .

I read. I swallow the lump forming in my throat, trying to calm myself as I lower my head. I lock my phone and place it back inside my pocket. I stride along the narrow sidewalk slowly, careful not to make a sound that would draw any attention towards me. I keep my head down, my hoodie concealing most of my face. I turn left when I reach a familiar site, making me smirk as I inch closer.

"It's nice for you to finally join us." My uncle greets me. I nod, removing the hood from my head.

"Yes." I reply briefly, taking a seat next to him on office chairs surrounding the long table of our conference room.

"So, did you gather any information about Katheryn Perry?" He replies, lighting his cigarette.

"Yes, her real surname is Hudson by the way."

"I already know that." He snaps, making me flinch as everyone else does inside the room. I lower my head, starting to get irritated with him.

"She lives with her daughter, Chloe which I may have gained her trust. She had Chloe when she was only seventeen and they live near my apartment so it's very convenient." I smirk, seeing his scowl fade.

"Good. Continue what you are doing but don't let Chloe know of anything or she'd be done for."

"Of course."

{Chloe's POV}

"Well, aren't you beautiful sitting there alone." Nico greets me, making me grin as I look up from my phone.

"Hi." I slowly stand up, aware of my injured leg as I pull him into a tight hug. My grin widens as I inhale his perfume, admiring how he smells like this kaleidoscope of fragrances-- each scent new to my senses, unique and different from the other. I always love his scent. I pull away, looking into his eyes. He helps me settle back on the couch and take a seat next to me right after.

"How's the leg?" He asks.

"Still hurts, but better." I reply with a smile.

"What's up?"

"Nothing, really. I was just waiting for Katy to finish getting ready." I reply, unlocking my phone.

"Ready for what?" He asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Dinner. We're going out." Katy replies for me as she goes down the newly polished stairs. He looks at me wide eyed, only now he realizes I currently am wearing a dress.

"You can come, if you want. Right, mommy?"

"Uhm. . I'm a bit underdressed. Are you sure?" Nico asks innocently, his cheeks burning as he looks down. I giggle, finding it cute when he does that. He scratches the back of his head as he continues to look down, not daring to look at me nor Katy.

"Yeah. It doesn't matter what you wear, really." Katy finally speaks, making both of us sigh in relief. I take his hand as I flash a smile at Katy, thankful for her pleasing mood tonight. She winks at me, making me giggle as I shake my head.

"Come on, lovers. Time to go." I roll my eyes with a huge grin on my face as Katy opens the door and head outside. I shortly follow, Nico's hand intertwined with mine. He helps me inside the car, cautious about my stitched leg.