six.

{Katy's POV}

Oh baby, don't give up on this love. . .

I stop singing, finally reaching the end of the song. I smile as I look at the people outside, smiling widely back at me. I notice the couch Chloe sat in moments ago, empty. My smile fades just a tad bit, my eyebrows furrowed a bit as I continue to wonder where Chloe is.

Is she gone already? She left so soon.

"Okay, let's take a short break and let's give it another go." I nod, putting the headphones off. I rest it on the small stand, sighing as I walk towards the door. I pull it open, allowing me to exit the compact room.

I gladly take the bottle of water Tamra offers me, smiling at her. I mumble a 'Thank you' as I open the cap. I take a huge gulp of water, feeling it quench my thirst in seconds.

"Where's Chloe?" I ask, finishing the water Tamra handed me. I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand, setting the empty bottle on the couch.

"Oh right, Chloe told me to tell you she's out with some girl named Taylor." Bonnie tells me.

"Did she say where she's heading to?" I ask, concerned about my not- so- little girl.

"Kate, Chloe's sixteen. You don't need to worry about her so much. She can take care of herself, you know. Besides, she's just having a girls' day out." She shrugs, making me groan. Even if Bonnie is right, I still can't help myself not to worry. I don't feel so good right now.

"Yeah, Kate. Lighten up a bit, will you?" Bradford tells me, laughing a bit. He takes a huge gulp from his water bottle, making me sigh.

"Maybe I should check on her, just in case." I tell them as I look for my phone, rummaging through my purse. I should really get my things sorted soon. I grab my phone as soon as I spot it, dialing Chloe's number in record time.

"Come on, Chloe. . . Pick up . . ." I mumble as I hear her phone ring. I tap my foot impatiently as I wait for her to pick up but to my disappointment, I was welcomed by her voicemail.

"Hey, it's Chloe. I'm a bit busy right now, as you can tell. I'm either with Katy or with a friend so yeah. . . Just leave a message." I look at Bonnie worryingly, internally panicking.

"Hey Chloe, it's mommy. Call me when you get this, okay?" I end the call right after.

"Maybe she's just busy, Kate."

"No. Something's definitely wrong here. . . I should leave now. I'll see you all later, okay?" I say as I quickly grab my purse and sprint outside. I grab my car keys and unlock the door as fast as I could and hop in. I turn the engine on and slam my foot on the accelerator. My palms start sweating like crazy as I drive towards home. My heart is pounding harshly on my chest as I sit here. Something is definitely wrong, I can feel it. There's just this uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach, telling me Chloe's not safe.

"Come on, Chloe just pick up your damn phone!" I groan in frustration as I slam my phone on the passenger seat, giving up on trying to call Chloe for the hundredth time today. I notice a black car pulling out of my driveway swiftly, knocking down the garbage bins near the gate.

What is that car doing inside my house?

I choose to ignore that, focusing on Chloe at the moment. Maybe it was just the pool cleaner or something. I hurriedly park my car in the front lawn, not caring of how I parked it. I sprint towards the front door, opening it with the key in my shaking hands. I struggle in opening the door since my hand won't stop shaking, a sign I never want to acknowledge. This is bad. This is so bad.

"Chloe?" I yell, my voice echoing throughout the dark and empty house. I walk around, desperately trying to find my daughter. I search through the kitchen, the living room, the garden, the bedrooms, the music room, nothing. Chloe isn't here.

"Where the hell can she be?" I start to feel like crying, not knowing what else to do. I feel hopeless, like I couldn't find Chloe anymore.

"Please don't do this to me, Chloe." I whisper, sobbing on my hands as tears endlessly trickle down my face. I continue to sit on the kitchen floor, feeling the coldness of the marble floor on my thighs. My phone starts ringing, making me stop myself from sobbing any longer. I pick it up, clearing my throat before I press the green button.

"H-hello?"

"Katheryn? Is everything okay? Bonnie told me to call you. She said she thinks there's something wrong with Chloe. Are you okay?" Normally, I would roll my eyes and gag at how Shannon called me Katheryn but right now, I don't even care. All I care about is Chloe.

"I don't know, Shan. I can't explain how I know but I think something's wrong with Chloe. She isn't here at home right now." I try to hold back my tears as I speak, my voice cracking with the effort.

"I'll be right over." Shannon says, ending the call quickly. I sigh, closing my eyes as I force myself not to think of any negative thoughts yet.

Maybe Chloe's just out in the mall with Taylor, yeah.

Maybe I'm just overreacting about all of this.

Or maybe Chloe is in trouble and she- Katy stop.

"Kate?" Shannon enters the house, her voice echoing like mine when I first came in.

"Kitchen." I manage to spit out, my throat dry from all the crying.

"Kate, what happened?" She takes a seat next to me, wrapping her arms around me almost instantly. I hug her back, sobbing on her shoulder as I pull her tighter, closer towards my shaking body.

"I think. . . I think Chloe's in trouble."

-a/n-

you can thank me for the double update later :p

enjooooy!