Fire Starter [Chapter 16]

Izazya's POV 

Joe seemed a lot more relaxed after we left the restaurant, he was freely hugging me and holding my hand. Maybe my little talk had got through to him? Or maybe he'd realised on his own. Either way, I was happy. As we wandered through the dimming streets back towards the hotel, he kept looking at me. I raised an eyebrow, glancing at him briefly.

"What are you looking at?" I asked.

"Something ugly as fuck," he teased, grinning at me. I stopped, shoving him away from me and grinning. He pouted and ran at me, trying to tackle me. Instead, I picked him up by his waist, hanging him upside down. He looked at me and immediately started yelling at me.

"Put me down! Put me down! Rapist!" he yelled. I raised an eyebrow, watching him struggle. In the end, he began hitting my chest and begging me to put him down. "Izazya stop being such a dick!" he complained, so I dropped him. Not far, but he began whining about it.

"Why would you drop me like that? Why? Do you like, hate me?" Joe began. I raised an eyebrow, prepared to listen to his rant. "Like, Izazya, really? Relationships are built around love, not how far you can drop the other person without killing them!" he stood up, squaring up to me. "What do you have to say for yourself?" I looked at him for a few seconds, his eyes were on fire, and I'd be dead by now if looks could kill. He had more than likely killed me six times in his head. I changed my facial expression to one of soft seductiveness, a look I had practiced in my mirror since I was twelve, it worked every time. Joe cocked his eyebrow as I leaned in, the palm of my hand brushing his arm softly, up to his neck. I watched his look change from anger to confusion, and then to slight fear.

"Why would I hate you?" I asked in a voice as soft as a caress. He gulped.

"I-I..." Joe stuttered and slowly trailed off, I watched his lower lip tremble ever so slightly as I moved closer, my free hand on his side, stroking his hip softly. "I just thou-" I cut him off, putting my finger to his lips and silencing him.

"Don't speak," I whispered, before removing my finger, brushing my lips across his softly. I pulled away, and watched him blush. He looked at me and I smirked.

"You bastard," he muttered softly.

"Sorry I didn't quite hear that," I said sarcastically.

"I said I love you." He flicked his middle finger up at me, before walking back towards the hotel. 

"I'll go get a DVD or something, meet you in the room, fifteen minutes! Love you!" I yelled, jogging in the opposite direction. I could tell he was pissed off. Oh well, I'd make up for it.

Joe's POV

Yes, I was pissed at Izazya. First of all, he'd pretty much abused me on the side of the road, and didn't give a shit if I was injured. Well, he may have done, but he didn't show it. Scondly, he'd manipulated my feelings so that he wouldn't get in trouble - now that was just cruel. He was a cruel, manipulative bastard... Who happened to be the most beautiful guy on earth, with the most complex of personalities, and, no matter what I've said, he had a heart. I was just angry, that was all.

 I walked back to the hotel, sighing heavily, looking at the waves crash onto the sand, sweeping away any marks on the white sand. I smiled, before walking into the hotel. There was a new receptionist on. But I didn't expect this guy to look at me the way he did. I smiled and gave him a small wave, whilst he stared at me like I was food. Food

"Er, hi." I greeted awkwardly.

"Hey, good looking," he winked. I swallowed as he leaped over the reception desk and walked over to me - no, it wasn't a walk. It was a swagger. He swaggered over to me. "What's such a nice guy like you doing in a hotel like this, alone?" the boy asked.