Fire Starter [Chapter 9]

Joe's POV

Izazya met us at the park. Nancy and I were sat on the swings, talking quietly whilst the young children played around us and the dogs basked in the warm glow of the sun. Nancy had explained everything to me, every single detail. Luke had first started hitting her when they became friends, since her older brother was friends with him. Luke told her that if she ever said anything about it, he'd hit her older brother, who was basically, her best friend. She had secluded herself from everyone, in fear that she would say something to someone about it. She started wearing more make up to cover the harsher bruises that covered her skin. The more he hit her, the less she would talk to people, until she was alone, with no one. And when she tried to build herself back up, no one accepted her. 

As soon as Izazya approached, she burst into tears and ran to him, hugging him. It startled him, and he looked at me, not knowing what to do. I motioned for him to hug her and he did. She pulled away, wiping her eyes and giving him a small, shy apology.

"It's perfectly fine," Izazya replied with a small smile, guiding her back over to the swing, and then he sat beside me, his head on my lap. I stroked his hair carefully; it was growing out again from his shorter style, but he could pull off any hair style. Lets face it, Izazya could pull off wearing a cardboard box, and he'd still look like a Greek god.

"You guys look so cute together," Nancy said after a while, her eyes on the two of us, her brown eyes glittering with admiration. "I wish I could have a relationship like that." I smiled slightly, looking back down at Izazya, who looked up at me, a cute smile lighting up his face.

"You will, don't worry." Izazya replied, looking at her. "It's about finding the right person." She sighed heavily and I looked back over to her.

"Trust us, Nancy. You've got such a nice personality, you'll find the perfect guy." I said softly. She smiled at me and nodded. 

"I'm socially awkward, that's the problem..." she muttered. I looked at Izazya who looked at me and nodded.

"I think we've got just the prep team you need." I grinned, looking at her and standing up, grabbing her hand and dragging her from the park. 

Izazya's POV

Joe was always a kind guy, but I never knew he'd go out of his way for one person, like he had today. He led us back to his house and up the stairs into his room. He sat Nancy down and looked at her, before dialing Kelsey's number.

"Hey Kels, yes, we're fine... No, Izazya's not hu- yes there was a fight." He sighed heavily, listening to Kelsey's frantic speech. "Kelsey, calm down!" he eventually yelled. I couldn't help but chuckle to myself. He got so demanding sometimes.

"Listen, Kelsey. I need your help. Huge emergency. It includes make up-" on those words I heard her say 'I'm on my way' and then hang up. Joe put his phone in his pocket and grinned at Nancy.

"Well?" she asked shyly.

"The prep team are on their way." He said, and then looked at me, pointing to my bloody nose. "You need to go clean that up before she gets here." I rolled my eyes at him and grinned, before walking off into the bathroom. I opened the door slowly, and closed it behind me slowly. I looked at myself in the mirror. Blood had trickled down from my nose onto my lips, leaving streaks across them. Also, the cut above my eyebrow had bled down to near my eye. I turned the hot water on and grabbed a little tissue, wetting it slightly before rubbing away the blood on my face. 

Once it was all gone, I dropped the bloodied tissue into the toilet, flushing it and walking out of the room, back into Joe's room and jumping onto his bed, stretching out. Kelsey and Jade were here already, they had sat Nancy down and were currently working on her new look. I looked at Joe who rolled his eyes at me and grinned.