Fire Starter [Chapter 12]

Joe's POV

I was up early the next morning, sat on the stairs, waiting. It was five a.m. and everything was silent, with a light, natural glow coming through the tinted windows. Izayza turned up shortly, tapping lightly on the door. I stood up and opened the door slowly, grinning at him. He hugged me tightly and then walked in, picking up my suitcase easily and taking it outside. I walked out after him and shut the door carefully, locking it and posting the keys back through the door quietly. I then ran to the car, jumping over the side of Izazya's new convertible and grinned as he stepped on the gas and we sped off down the road.

     Half an hour later, we were wel out of town and we were at a slow speed, on a small windy road. Izayza slackened his grip on the steering wheel and had a small smile on his face. He looked at me briefly and then looked back at the road.

"What?" I asked, smiling. He shrugged and looked at me again, grinning. "Get your eyes on the road you silly bastard." I sighed and he laughed, looking back at the road.

"It's like you don't trust me." He replied. I smacked his arm playfully and he grabbed my hand, entwining our fingers.

"I would be here if I didn't trust you," I pointed out. He grinned, giving my hand a light squeeze. I looked down at our hands, tracing my free fingers over the back of his hand. Looking carefully, I could see scars over his hand, and touched them carefully.

"What are you doing?" he asked quietly. I carried on tracing the many scars.

"What are these scars from?" I asked in reply. He went silent. I looked up at him. "Please tell me." He bit his lower lip and released it slowly. "Izazya, what is it?" I felt the car slow slightly.

"I don't want to ruin things, Joe." He said quietly, pressing his foot back down on the gas. 

"You won't ruin things, Izazya." I said softly, taking his hand again. He smiled slightly.

"I had a rough childhood, that's all." He replied.

"Oh, I see." i didn't press the matter further, it was obvious he was scarred by that. "So, are we there yet?" Izazya began laughing.

"Your questions just get worse and worse."

"Are we there yet?"

"No, Joe."

"How about now?"

"Joe I just said no-"

"Now?"

"No."

"Now?"

"No."

"How about now?"

"If you don't shut up asking me that damn question I'm going to pull over and beat you with the spare tire."

"Would that mean we would be there?"

"Seriously Joseph!"

"No need for full names mister."

"No need to annoy the fuck out of me."

"Oh, there really is." I smirked. Izazya looked at me and rolled his eyes.

"Guess what Joe?" Izazya asked.

"What?" I asked.

"We're here." He said as he took a left turn, into a parking lot, infront of a huge, and very fancy looking hotel. I grinned and jumped out of the car as soon as he pulled to a stop. I ran to the railings; the hotel was literally on the edge of a cliff, the sea crashing onto the small private beach below. I felt Izazya wrap his arms around me, his chin on my shoulder.

"This is beautiful." I whispered. I felt him smile and turned my head to the side, looking at him. He looked up at me. I looked back out to sea and we watched the sun rise from the parking lot. It was six a.m., day one of our escape.

Izazya's POV

His face was like a picture, a priceless one. So beautifully sculpted, and his facial expressions were to die for. When did i get this... Weird? Oh well. I sighed, nuzzling his neck softly.

"We can go on that beach tonight, if you want. It's like ten pounds an hour, how long do you want?" I asked.

"Can we watch the sun set?" he asked quietly. perfect.

"Sure," I grinned, looking up at him. "But we better go get our room first." he nodded and ran off to the car and began pulling his suitcase from the car boot. I walked over and helped him and watch him drag his suitcase comically towards the reception. I pulled mine out with ease and shut the boot, locking the car. I pulled mine towards the reception and ended up carrying Joe's too; he was too weak. The receptionist looked at us with wide eyes.

"How can i help you boys?" she asked in a fake cheery voice.

"I booked a room, two weeks." I replied.

"Name?"

"Izazya Denail." I said. She typed away on her computer.

"Ah yes, here you are!" She exclaimed, all too happily. She picked up a key and handed it to me. "Have a nice stay!"

We found our room and walked inside. A door to the left on the small corridor led to a small closet filled with a vacuum cleaner and an iron and ironing board, and also a mop. The door next to it led to a bathroom. We then walked into an open plan living room with a kitchen next door. At one end of the living room was a balcony with sea view. And then there was a single bedroom, with a kingsized bed. There was also two wardrobes, and an en-suite bathroom. 

"Izazya, this is perfect!" Joe breathed, exploring the apartment. I laughed and placed our suitcases on the bed. I opened my suicase to find the suprise of my life.

"What the fuck?!" I yelled, jumping back as if there were poisonous snakes in my suitcase.

"What?!" Joe yelled, running in and looking in my suitcase. He began laughing. "Izazya, when did you start wearing thongs?" he held up a lacy piece of fabric between his forefinger and his thumb. 

"T-they aren't mine!" I yelled. He grinned at me.

"It'd be hot if they were." He said seductively, whilst walking out of the room. Well, Joe was certainly strange in some ways.