Fire Starter [Chapter 7]

Joe's POV

I woke up the next morning, with Izazya cuddling me, one of his legs across my waist. I blinked slowly and recalled last night. He came through the window, eventually. I smiled and breathed in his scent; the scent that made me feel safe. The familiar smell that I couldn't describe, but could pick out from a crowd. I tried to wriggle from his tight grip, but couldn't.

"Izazya." I hissed, trying to shove him off me, making him grip me tighter and murmer something in his sleep. "Izazya, release!" Unsuprisingly, he decided to cling tighter. I sighed heavily and poked his neck, making him jerk. I grinned.

"I know you're not asleep, you retard." I growled at him, trying to shove him off of me.

"I don't know what you're on about," he mumbled, a small smirk on his face.

"R-E-L-E-A-S-E." I whisper-yelled, knowing any louder and my mother would hear. "I'll get my mum up here." He loosened his grip and sighed, opening his eyes and looking up at me. I poked his nose and watched it twitch, making me laugh hysterically.

"Don't bully me." Izazya pouted, folding his arms and turning away from me. 

"Don't do that!" I whined, climbing onto his side. He looked up at me and stuck his tongue out, so I countered that by doing the same. For the next ten minutes, I copied his every move, until he got annoyed and growled at me, grabbing me and rolling, pinning me to the bed and tickling me.

"Izazya! N-no! Stop it!" I yelled between giggles, trying to shove him off of me. He grinned at me and persisted on with his way of getting me back. "Izazya!"

"Say the magic word!" he laughed.

"Please, Izazya!" I yelled back at him, trying to muffle my laughs. He stopped and smirked at me.

"The way you said that made it sound sexual, that's a total turn on." He said, laying down on my bed.  I shoved him and sighed heavily, before resting my head on his shoulder.

"Whatever," I growled as he wrapped his arms around me. It made me happy whenever he did that. I snuggled into his warmth and closed my eyes, breathing in the beautiful scent he had, that I could never work out. 

"You sound like you're sniffing drugs," Izazya whispered after a while, making me burst out laughing. "No, I'm being serious, Joe." I heard him chuckle quietly.

"Maybe I am," I laughed. "You're my drug." I looked up at him, seeing his green eyes sparkling.

"Oh really?" He raised an eyebrow and I nodded. "How so?"

"Well, you smell really nice, that's one thing. Also, you pretty much get me high whenever I'm near you." I answered. He laughed at me, pulling me closer to him.

"Thanks, I guess."

"No problem, I guess." I replied with a smirk. He looked at me and rolled his eyes, before grinning. 

"So, Joseph, what are we doing today?" he asked. I shrugged and savoured the warmth.

"Can't we just stay here?" I whined. He sighed.

"As much as I'd like to Joe, and I really would, no we can't." Izazya chuckled quietly. I scowled at him.

"Why not?" I protested.

"Because that would make us lazy. Now come on, go get changed and I'll be back here in half an hour." Izazya said, before standing up and walking to the window, throwing open the window and letting the frigid morning air burst into the room. I snuggled further into the bed sheets whilst he climbed onto the window ledge and looked at me. He blew a kiss to me in the weirdest and most overexagerated fashion, before he leaped from the window. I quickly leaped from my bed and closed the window, shutting out the rest of the cold air that was threatening to freeze me to death. I saw Izazya leap over the fence with ease, and wondered how the hell he learned to do something like that.

Half an hour later, Izazya was at my door. I walked down the stairs in my skinny jeans, white shirt and a pair of converse and opened the door for him. He wolf-whistled, like the immature prick he was.

"I don't think I've ever seen you wear skinny jeans." He said with a wink. I rolled my eyes, debating over whether to hit him or slam the door in his face.

"Don't get used to it," I muttered, walking out of the house, closing the door behind me. He walked beside me, keeping his pace even to mine. "So, where are we going?"

"Well, I thought you'd like to come to the cinema with me, it's only a ten minute walk so it seems an easy option." He suggested.

"Still no car?" I asked. He shook his head and mouthed the word nope. I grinned at him. "That sounds fantastic Izazya."

He muttered something like I hope you like horrors, but I wasn't sure.

I was right when it came to interpretting Izazya's speech, because he chose a horror. Obviously, I didn't know about this until the movie started and someone infront of us said, "I'm scared, I hate horrors." I looked at Izazya and he just laughed at me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"What's that, Joe? Don't you like horrors?" he asked sarcastically. I distinctly remember telling him I didn't like horror films. I folded my arms in a tantrum, but moved closer to him, tucking my knees up to my chest, resting my feet on the edge of the sat.

"I hate you." I muttered. He laughed quietly.

"I love you, too."