While We're Young

Joe's POV

A few weeks have passed since the incident with Randy happened. I was able to take a few weeks off to watch over Gia but that's all I could afford to miss. I had to fake an injury to get the time off but if I'm off longer than I few weeks I would have to relinquish my 2 titles and I do not want to do that.

Gia made sure nothing got out about the situation surrounding her and Randy. They just spun it around to make it look like we got into another fight and he got arrested again. She told the officers she didn't want to press charges and said he's simply "insane" and "off in the head".

Gia is adamant about helping Randy through whatever he's going through. She feels responsible for the things that happened. I told her he's not in his right mind but she doesn't see it my way, she only sees her side of things. After all that happened, she's still trying to help him. I don't agree with it but it takes a good and strong woman to put something like that aside to help someone. I could learn a few things from her.

Gia is out of the hospital of course and is feeling a lot better. She still has a little pain on the side of her stomach but other than that everything is great and the baby is great. She's been staying busy trying to figure out how she wants to get married. She hasn't noticed but she's planning a wedding that she said she didn't want to have. She's picked out flowers, she's picked out a cake, the colors, centerpieces, the dresses for bridesmaids, she's even picked out a tux for me.

I know she wants this big wedding and I don't mind giving it to her. I want her to be happy with her decision and I honestly don't feel that she will be happy with a trip to the court house to get married, like she said she wanted.

A few days later, we were out to lunch at my favorite restaurant of course, Prime. We were sitting in our usual table over the water and we were enjoying our food and an idea popped in my head and I wanted to run it by her.

"Babe I have a question."

"What's up?" She says

"You know how I wanted you to go back to Chicago with me to where we met to kind of in a way renew our relationship since we were getting back together then?"

She nods her head, "Yes."

"I like to go to places that mean something or go somewhere where something happened."

She nods her head again indicating she's listening, "Yeah."

"How do you feel about getting married in Vegas?"

"Vegas, you want to elope?" She asks with a confused look on her face.

"Yeah, let's do something crazy! We're both so uptight-"

She cuts me off, "Okay."

"Okay?" I laugh for a minute, "No babe, I'm playing with you but I do want to do it in Vegas."

"Why Vegas, What happened there?"She asks

"I knew I loved you and I felt it before but that's the first time I actually felt it. And when you left and I followed you to Chicago, the first time I actually said it out loud was that night. I knew I loved you but that's when I really knew. Vegas kind of means something to me."

"Well baby, Vegas it is then." She smiles.

"Actually, I wanted to do something. The last time we were here I gave you a promise ring." I stand up, "We're planning a wedding but I never proposed to you."

I walk over to her side of the table and kneel down on one knee taking the ring box out of my pocket. "Gia you know what you mean to me. We've been through a lot these last few years. I've told you before and I'll tell you again, I knew I loved you from the minute I saw you. I can't see myself being with anyone else. Gia Marie Graham, will you marry me?"