Chapter 11

Lexi’s POV

“Wow, I’m sorry,” I said backing away from Jake. He looked surprised, I didn't know why. He kissed me.

“Shh, don’t be.” With that Jake leaned down and kissed me again. We both knew this was wrong. But, it felt so right. Jake’s hand made its way to my waist and he looped his finger in my belt loop pulling me closer to him. I grabbed the back of his neck drawing him closer to me. That was until the doorbell rang. We kept kissing until it rang again, and again, and again. I pushed Jake away and he went to go answer the door.

Madison was standing at the front door with her arms crossed. “What took you so long?” She questioned quirking an eyebrow.

“I was in the bathroom.”

“What about Lexi?” Madison questioned walking through the door. “Where was she?”

“I didn't answer the door because I was also in the bathroom. Just in the downstairs one.” What a lame lie I thought to myself. Jake looked at me in disbelief believing Madison wouldn't buy it. But, to our surprise she did. I internally sighed in relief said goodbye to Jake and Madison and started to walk home.

Joey’s POV

I made my decision this morning. I was going to FSU to get Alexa, after I break up with Jenny. This was going to be hard. But, I made my way to her house anyway.

As I pulled into her driveway, I rehearsed what I was going to say to her one more time. I got out of the car and walked up to the door and knocked. She answered with a huge grin on her face, “Joey,” she excitedly yelled and hugged me. Oh man, here it goes.

“Jenny, I have to talk to you.”

“Oh God, this doesn't sound good. What’s wrong? Is everything ok?”

“No. No it’s not.”

“Could you tell me then?”

“Jenny, these past three months have been a lot of fun, but I need to be somewhere else. My heart belongs somewhere else. You’re a great girl, any guy would be extremely lucky to have you. I am so grateful that you were in my life. I think it’s best if I go.” I started walking away but she grabbed my wrist.

“What’re you saying?” She asked me with tears welled up in her eyes.

“I’m saying, we’re breaking up. I’m so sorry.”

“For who? Joey who is it?” 

I sighed loudly and looked at the ground. “Alexa.” After I said her name she slammed the door in my face. I could imagine her breaking down on the other end of the door. Probably calling Lexi. I could still see her face when I told her. It was for the best. Or, so I thought.

I got in my car and started speeding towards FSU. I was getting my girl back.

Lexi’s POV

My phone rang at about 9:30 this morning. Groaning I looked at the caller ID.

“Hello?”

“Lexi,” Jenny cried through the phone.

“What happened, what’s the matter?”

“Joey, he..”

“He what?”

“He broke up with me.” She sobbed through the phone.

“Wait, what?! Why?!”

“He said his heart belongs somewhere else.”