Chapter 17

Jake's POV

I picked up my phone after the interview to see it blowing up. My Twitter was literally exploding. I couldn't believe it. I texted Lexi and I told her I loved her. I couldn't wait to see her, to hold her, to kiss her.

Lexi's POV

I was driving so fast to get to Jake I didn't even realize how fast I was going. Nothing seemed real. I heard my phone go off hoping it was going to be Jake and it was. I glanced at my phone and started to type but as soon as I did I heard a loud horn and then everything went silent.

Jenny's POV

It had been an hour since I heard from Lexi so I called her but there was no answer. Then I called Jake. "Hello?"

"Hey Jake, has Lexi gotten to you yet?"

"No, I thought she was still with you."

"She's been gone for about an hour, I'm getting worried Jake."

"Don't worry I'm sure she's fine, I'll call you if I hear from her."

"Okay, bye." I hung up the phone and about 30 seconds later my phone rang and it was Lexi's mom. "Hello?"

"Jenny?" She croaked through the phone.

"Vicki, what happened?!"

"It's Lexi, she got into a really bad car accident, we're at the hospital now."

"Oh my God is she going to be all right?" I started to cry.

"It's not looking good Jenny. Get here as soon as you can." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I rushed to my car and called Jake "Hello?"

"Jake," I sobbed through the phone.

"What Jenny? What's wrong? What happened?!"

"It's Lexi, she was in a really bad car accident, they don't know if she's gonna make it," all I heard was silence on the other end and then beeping, he had hung up.

I got to the hospital and rushed inside and I started screaming at the reception lady, she could tell I was frantic so she didn't mind and she pointed me in the direction of Lexi's room. I ran down the hall tears streaming down my face and I ran right into Vicki.

"Vicki," I grabbed her and hugged her so tightly.

"She just went in for surgery, the police should be here any minute telling us what happened." With that, Jake came sprinting down the hall hysterically crying, me and Vicki both grabbed him and hugged him. The cops were coming down the hall now. "Are you the mother of Lexi Richards?"

"Yes, Vicki," she shook each cops hand.

"Well Mrs. Richards we found Lexi's phone in the car, a text was open from somebody named Jake, well here you can see the rest," he passed her the phone and the text from Jake said I love you and in the message box was "I lov" and that was it. Vicki started hysterically crying and Jake didn't say anything. Vicki grabbed him and hugged him and Jake started screaming "WHAT ARE YOU HUGGING ME FOR?! IF LEXI DIES IT'S ALL MY FAULT. I SHOULD HAVE NEVER SENT HER THAT TEXT. NOW WE MIGHT NOT EVER SEE HER AGAIN."

"Jake honey, you need to relax, I know she will be okay, she is my daughter, she can get through anything."

"I'm so sorry," Jake said and walked out of the hospital. I couldn't believe what I just saw. I have never seen my brother this way before.

A little while later the doctor came out and told us Lexi was out of surgery but now we were playing a waiting game. Either Lexi was going to wake up, or she wasn't. And, I couldn't live anymore if it's gonna be the second one.

Author's Note

So, that happened!! Look for an update soon and don't forget to comment and vote!!