Chapter 9

Jake’s POV

I looked at the clock as I got dressed for my date with Madison. 11:45, I had to hurry up. I finished combing my hair and headed down to my car. As I walked down the front steps I saw Lexi walking out of her mothers house crying. I ran over to her. “Lexi, what’s the matter? What’s wrong?”

“Jake, get away from me.”

“Absolutely not.” I grabbed Lexi and pulled her into a hug. To my surprise she hugged me back.

“This is your fault,” she mumbled against my shirt.

“Shh I know, shh.”

“When could we talk about this?”

“I’ll call you when I get home from my um wait. From the studio.” I hugged her goodbye and ran to my car.

I waited outside Madison’s house until I saw her walk out. Wow. What was I doing? I didn't love her. She opened up the car door and smiled.

“Hey Madi.”

“Hey, where are we going?”

“Uhm my house if that’s ok? I just..I want to talk.”

“You got it.”

When we got to my house we sat on the sofa and we stared at each other for a long time.

“Madison, I didn't call you here so we could get back together, I called you because I need clarification. What happened between us?”

“Well, you cheated on me Jake. Simple.”

“Madison, that isn't the only reason why we broke up. Don’t just try to blame this on me.”

“Ok, I’ll admit I was being a psycho. I was nasty to Lexi. I just didn't want to lose you. But, I already did. So it doesn't matter. Why did you even call me? To make me apologize to you? Well, you aren't getting one.” She was crying now.

“That isn't why. I needed to know.”

“Needed to know what?”

“If I still loved you.”

“Well?”

“Those answers are confidential.” I said with a wink. She laughed and got up and hugged me. I hugged her back because I did really care about her. I just wasn't sure if the love was still there. I needed to see Joey, I needed to vent.

I dropped Madison home and sped over to Joey’s house. “JOSEPH GANDOLFO OPEN THIS DOOR NOW!” The door swung open and revealed a half naked Joey with a bowl of cereal in his hands, and milk all over his face. Typical.

“Come on in man, what’s the matter?”

“I need to know something.”

“Shoot.”

“When did you know, well, um. When did you know it was over between you and Alexa?” I asked Joey. Alexa is Joey’s ex. They dated for four and a half years. It was really sad when they broke up. I couldn't believe it. 

Joey sat there for a long time like he was thinking. Joey always knew what to say, but right now he looked speechless. He didn't like anyone to bring up Alexa. You could tell he still cared, even though she didn’t. “Well, when did you know?’

“I knew it was over when, I was more in love with our memories than the person standing in front of me. I was willing to fix it though. She wasn’t. If you really love, and want to be with Madi you need to be willing to fix it. If you don’t, don't make it worse. Walk away and forget.

Wow was all I could think. Joey was right. Even though Joey and my sister were dating I still wished he and Alexa at least tried a second time. They didn't though. “Joey thanks man,” I said getting up to leave. I was out the door when I turned around. “Joey?”

“Yes? Need some more wisdom?” He cracked a very fake smile. He hated talking about Alexa.

“Call her Joey. Call Alexa. See her. I know you like Jenny. But, do it for your sake. I know you still worry about her.”

“Jake..”

“Call her.” I started walking to my car and got in. I made my decision. I’m going to Madison’s house to get my girl back.

Lexi’s POV

It was already 4 and I hadn't heard from Jake. I was getting worried so I called him. It kicked right to voicemail. Then almost on cue there was a knock at my door. When i opened it Jake was standing there, but he wasn't alone. “What is she doing here?” I spat.

“Lex, she came here to well I’ll let her talk.”

“Lexi. I am so sorry. For everything. These past four years I’ve been a miserable bitch. The overprotective girlfriend. And, I’m so sorry. I hope that you could look past this and maybe we could be friends? I just. I’m so sorry.”

“Madison, I believe you. I always knew you were still in there somewhere.” I grabbed her and hugged her. Okay, so I haven't been completely truthful. Madison, Jenny, and I were best friends from elementary school until freshman year. Madison turned on me and Jenny. She got a taste of being popular and decided we weren't cool enough for her. Jenny never listened to me but I always knew the real Madi was in there somewhere. I just needed to find her.

“Jake, could I speak with you alone for a moment?”

“Sure.” Jake walked into my apartment and stood behind the door.

“So your back together?”

“Yes,” Jake answered not meeting my eyes.

“Oh.”

“I’m so sorry Lexi. I wasn't in the right state of mind when we you know,” Jake scratched the back of his neck nervously.

“You got it friend.” I spat at him. “Better go tend to your girlfriend.” 

“Lex, don’t be like this!”

“Goodbye Jake. See you soon I guess.”

Joey’s POV

I picked up my phone and clicked on Alexa’s contact. I knew she was away at college but I couldn't stop myself from calling her.

“Hello?” Her angelic voice said through the phone.

“Alexa,” I sighed. I was so happy to hear her voice.

“Joey? Are you ok? What’s wrong?”

“I’m fine. I just, I need to see you.”

“Joey, you know..” I cut her off before she could continue.

“Alexa, please just see me. Please.”

“Fine, where and when?”

“Tonight. I’ll come get you.”

“You got it. See you later.”

“Bye,” I sighed. I was going to see Alexa tonight. I was going to get my girl back.

AN

Yay!! Joey is going to see Alexa!! Madi and Jake are back together!!! Things are going to get pretty heated in the next chapter between Edgar and Jake!! Get ready. Look for an update either late tomorrow or Monday afternoon! Don’t forget to vote and comment!!!!!