Chapter 4

I walked back into my apartment completely stunned. I couldn't believe Jake had the nerve to kiss me while he was dating Madison. “Edgar, you need to leave.”

“Why what’s wrong?” Edgar approached me studying every part of my face

“Because I think I’m gonna be sick, you need to go,” I grabbed Edgar and pushed him out the door. “Talk to you soon,” I said quickly and shut the door. I immediately started crying because I was so beside myself. I was angry with Jake but angry with myself. Why did he have to kiss me and confuse me.

At around 9 o'clock I decided it would just be better for me to go to bed. I stood up from the couch and went into the bathroom. My doorbell started ringing so I ran to the door. I opened it up to a familiar shining face. “Jenny!!” I screamed and attacked her with a huge hug.

“Hey, Jake told me you were back.”

“Well, here I am, how are you?”

“I’m good, still dealing with the witch though.” Jenny was referring to Jake’s awful girlfriend Madison.

“I know, I saw her, she’s still a huge bitch.” Jenny and I both laughed and I invited her in. We caught up and ended up crashing on my couch. 

Jake’s POV

I woke up early this morning eager to take Lexi out for lunch. I mean, I didn't like her that way. Or did I? I wasn't sure, I mean I love Madison but, it’s almost like the love isn't there anymore. We just kind of sit around and look at one another.

I hopped in the shower, then got dressed. I walked down stairs into the kitchen and saw Madison. “Hey babe.”

“Hey, are you seriously taking that bitch out to lunch today?” 

“Woah hey relax, we’re just going as friends.”

“She always liked you Jake, are you fucking blind, you’re just gonna let her take you away from me, I’m not going to fucking stand for it, I’m going over there right now to cancel your little lunch date and if you try and stop me we’re over, your choice, me or her!” Madison screamed at me. I was a little taken back, I loved Madison I really did but, I didn't want to stop talking to Lexi. “Ok, nothing to say, good I’m going over there.”

“Oh no,” I whispered under my breath, I wasn't afraid of Madison, I just didn't want her to do this. But, I knew I would never calm her down or win this argument so I let her go. Of course, I spent two years trying to get Lexi to talk to me again and now it’s all going to go back to two years ago. No texts, no phone calls no nothing. Madison was probably there by now, I’m sure I’ll get an earful from Edgar about this. But, until then, I wait.

AN

Hi guys!! I know this chapter is short I’ve been having some writers block. I promise you’ll get an update Tuesday! Don’t forget to leave comments!!!!!