Chapter 18

Jake's POV

I feel as if though days have passed, but its only been a few hours. Waiting is the worst part, waiting for the unknown. I find myself sitting here thinking about the best day me and Lexi ever had. Junior year, we skipped school because A$AP Rocky was coming to town. Lexi loved him. It was kind of strange actually and it always made me laugh, hearing her rap his songs. Anyway, we skipped school and waited at the airport all day, only A$AP didn't land at the airport in Weston. Lexi was heartbroken, but being there with her, spending the whole day with her, it was one of the best days I ever had. I love her more than anything or anyone in the entire world. I can't lose her. Not now. Not ever.

Jenny's POV

The hardest part was sitting there watching Jake. He was really deep in thought. I wish I knew what he was thinking. Lexi will pull through. She is the strongest person I know. She watched the boy she had been in love with since the 8th grade be in love with another girl for 6 years, and if that's not strength I don't know what is. Jake worries me when he's like this. He was like that when she first left for school and I hated it. It's so hard, just sitting here waiting. Edgar and Joey finally showed up a little over an hour ago, I'm still waiting for Kevin to wake up. That kid could sleep through World War 3. I wish he was here right now, I need him now, more than ever.

Jake's POV

I heard Lexi's room door open and I immediately jumped up and walked over to the doctor. Vicki was called over and her and the doctor started walking down the hall. I got the idea I wasn't wanted and I shouldn't follow. This whole thing was my fault anyway. They came walking back down the hall and the doctor went back into Lexi's room only Vicki didn't follow. "I need you all to come over here," Vicki said, her voice shaking with every word.

We all walked over and she began to speak, "Lexi is awake. The doctor would like you all to go in one by one so we can see how much she remembers, I'm going to go, then Jenny, then Joey, then Edgar, then you Jake." With that Vicki walked through the door and it slammed shut behind her. 

Vicki hated me now and it was clear. I almost killed her daughter with a stupid text message. 

Jenny's POV 

I walked through the door and saw Lexi lying there.

"Hi," I whispered with tears in my eyes.

"Jenny," she whispered back.

I ran over to her and hugged her, "Lexi Richards, don't you ever scare me like that again." We were both crying and I kept having to pull back from the hug to make sure it was real, that she was really there, eyes open, hugging me back.

"How's Jake," she croaked.

"Not good," I whispered, "not good at all."

"Can you send him in? I want to see him."

I kissed Lexi on the forehead and walked out of the room and made eyes at Jake, he stood up and walked towards the door.

Jake's POV

I opened the door and walked in. God she was beautiful, even like this, she was beautiful. She smiled at me from across the room and I smiled back, I went and sat in the chair beside her bed. "You look beautiful," I leaned forward and kiss her head.

She laughed, "I look horrendous, don't lie."

"You're the most beautiful girl in the world. I'm so sorry."

"Jake. Do not apologize. Please. This is not your fault."

"But it is." I was crying now, I felt horrible. "It is my fault. I knew you were driving. I shouldn't have risked it and texted you. I'm and idiot and your mom hates me now, I feel so stupid. If we would've lost you it would've been on me."

"I shouldn't have looked at my phone while I was driving. None of this is your fault baby, I promise. And my mom does not hate you. She was most worried about you. I love you Jake."

"I love you more."

"You should go home, take a shower, eat some real food, and go to bed, you need to, I'm worried."

"I don't want to leave you Lex."

"I'm fine Jake, I'll see you after you sleep. You have to."

"I'll see you later then," I got up and kissed her, the greatest kiss we've ever shared.

"I love you, Jake."

"I love you more baby girl, see you soon."

Author's Note

I'm so sorry, I thought I was never gonna really write again but things started happening and I started getting inspired. I hope you guys like it, hopefully I'll update again soon, thanks for all the support! All the best xx