My Arranged Marriage. - Morning After

I woke up to the actual sound of birds chirping and warm rays of sun on my face. For a moment I forgot what caused me pain last night and I snuggled back to my pillow but a scent hit me.. one that had become familiar against my will so I slowly open my eyes.

He's there, his back against the head board, shirtless, and eyes staring back. I look around the room and sure enough, his bag was next to mine on the floor and last night's clothes hung on a desk chair on the right side of the room. 

"Why are you here?" I said but he simply replied

"You know why."

I closed my eyes again, still not moving "Can't you let me be for a moment?"

Instead of replying curtly again he suddenly pulled me up and settled under his arms. My body flushed against his and I tried not to react to any of it. 

"We need to talk" 

"Last night was clear enough" I said turning away but still under his strong arms

"It's not. You don't get it"

"Get what? That all you care is bussiness?" I asked exasperatedly. It took him a moment to reply but his voice was steady

"I care about you"

It took me by surprise but a bit of anger and desperation starts to bubble up again 

"If you care about me you'll let me go" I said a bit too harsh but he simply replied 

"I'm not gonna do that." with such definite and for a second I lost it and tried to push myself away from him but his arms kept me there until I stopped. 

He hugged me closer and turned his head to me. I panicked a little, a bit scared because I never saw this side of him. My heart is beating faster while I can hear his steady rhythm with my ears against his chest.

"Ever.." He finally whispered against my hair