No. 13- Curious About Chaos

"Cheese!" I grinned as the flash from the camera went off. My brothers groaned and rubbed their eyes saying, "I hate flash. It doesn't do justice for a zombie."

Chuckling, I checked the camera and examined the photo. Then it hit me. I forgot something very important.

I quickly raced up the stairs into my bedroom where I yelled, "Chaos! I almost forgot about you!" He stuck his head out from under my bed. Blowing his onyx black hair out of his face he said, "forgot what?"

I smiled and said, "you need to be in our family photo! Duh!" Chaos gave me a dull look and said, "later." He moved under the bed when I said, "come on! It will be great! We can't have you left out, silly! You are apart of this family after all!"

"I'm apart of no family," he hissed. The atmosphere got chilly and tense when I gulped and said, "of course you are..." He didn't reply.

I sighed and said, "well, you are. And you don't forget it! Now, if you want to, come on down stairs. We would sure like to have you in the family photo."

And with that, I left him to his thoughts.

...

Jasper looked at me funny as I moved my macaroni around in my bowl. He frowned and squinted at me saying, "you look....depressed." Quincey gasped and said, "what! Never use the D word! How can a Ella have... The D word!"

I sighed and sat up in the chair looking at all four of my brothers at the kitchen table. "I don't know what to do. Chaos doesn't think he has a family. I told him he's in ours, but he refused."

Iggy tapped his chin and said, "well what about his real family? What happened to them. I mean, he just randomly popped through your window one day. It's not like we know his entire past except that he was a fugitive."

I nodded and said, "well yeah. I mean, should we know his past?" Jasper nodded and said, "if you want to understand him better. I mean, he is a shady guy."

"The only problem is," I said. "How will I get to know his past?"

...

I threw the fine powered into the caldron and stirred it. Then carefully picking up one of Chaos's hair stands, I tossed it in.

Instantly, the potion in the caldron swirled as I was taken into Chaos's past.

...

I stood on dark, obsidian lava rock. The sky was as black as ash and soot. In the distance, I saw a group of people that looked liked Chaos's kind.

Willing my conscious to press forward I saw the people were actually fighting. They were fighting against a swarm of Light Society soldiers.

Time around me played so quick. And all I saw was raging war, people dying. Women running with their children. Soon, everyone, men, women and children laid dead on the volcanic rock.

I gulped as I heard some Light Society soldiers shout. They all surrounded something. Peering over their soldiers, I saw a little boy. A little boy who looked a lot like Chaos.

He looked scared, had magma like tears running down his face as the soldiers surrounded him, and took him as prisoner. He was the last of his kind and that's why they took him.

...

I gasped as stood back in front if the caldron, realizing why Chaos acted how he does. Putting on my game face, I marched straight into my room and yanked Chaos out from under the bed.

"What the!" He hissed. I gave him the biggest bear hug ever as he growled and hissed. "Hey! Watch it! I don't like being touched!" I squeezed him harder saying, "you are not alone, Chaos."

He paused when I said, "I know everything about you. And you do have a family, us." Releasing him, he looked at me in shock, then growled and vanished under the bed, not saying a word.

...

Once again, I sat at the kitchen table stumped. "I inky made him more angry." Jasper sighed and said, "maybe. But now he knows."

"Uh, guys," Quincey said pounding towards the stairs. We all turned towards the stairs seeing Chaos standing there, looking at us with dark eyes.

He sighed and said, "so...do you want to take that stupid photo or what?" A large smile crept on my face as I tackled him with hugs. "Of course!"

The bros groaned saying, "not again with the flash!"

----sorry this was so short and crappy. Been moving around today and I had to keep getting up to do some things. So it might sound rushed. But please comment and vote still!----

~~~~QUESTION TIME!~~~~

What else happens when you run out of pills, boys? Does the world end if you miss it twice?

cloverbrooks

Jasper: all of heck will break lose.

Iggy: it's like your head spins and you go crazy hungry...and limb...

Quincey: bad things happen bro. Bad things...and weird things.

Axe: .............ugh.

~~~~so comment, vote and thanks for reading!~~~~~