No. 3- Rupa And Jabari

"I'm late! I'm late!" I cried over the wind as I zoomed across the sky on my broomstick. I bobbed up and down as I made my way home from my moms castle. She has been giving me agin lessons for a while, since I really need the teaching. Lavender also teaches me. And I'm late because of that.

Zipping down the street, I pulled up in front of the toy store and raced inside saying, "sorry I'm late! Dad had a army of flying monkeys chasing him and-."

The Puppet Master stepped in front me frowning while folding his arms. "I swear. Next time you leave Lavender waiting I will rip your head off, gouge out your eyes and-."

"Archie!" Lavender snapped while slapping him on the arm. "It's fine! Geez." The Puppet Master sighed and glared at me, then walking away slowly.

Lavender sighed and smiled while putting her an da in her hips. She looked causal today. A pink blouse with jeans and black high help boots. Her auburn hair was pulled back with a pink bow too.

"So who's ready for a field trip!" She grinned. I relaxed my shoulders and said, "a field trip?" Lavender nodded and said, "to visit my friend. She is a special potions which from India. I thought you two might get a long just fine. She too, shares a difficult past."

I stuffed my hands in my pockets saying, "a field trip sounds nice. Alright. Let's go." Lavender clapped her hands saying, "great. Only problem is Archie confiscated my broomstick."

She turned her head at The Puppet Master who looked at us then said, "what! She touched my golden button eye!" I sighed and rolled my eyes saying, "we can use my broomstick."

"Perfect!" Lavender smiled. And with that, we were off to visit Lavenders friend.

...

"Uh...are we in the right place" I said as Lavender hopped off the broomstick. We seemed to be in some run down village in a jungle. People hobbled around from market to market, purchasing goods.

Lavender nodded saying, "yup. We just have to hike up that hill. She has a cottage hidden well." I nodded as we kept walking. While gazing at the sentry I stopped a old mink just beside hillside chanting.

Trying to push his loud voice out of my head he jumped in front of us saying, "beware! Witch of Rakasha curse village. Witch evil and cruel. Still on lurk for lost souls! She kill her own love for soul. Beware!"

He scrambled off, rambling to other villagers. I raised my eyebrows when Lavender said, "ignore him. Those monks make silly rumors about Rupa." I gulped then saying, "did she really kill her love?"

Lavender laughed saying, "of course not! An evil king did, duh!" I frowned when Lavender said, "he's fine though. Hopefully you'll get to meet him. He's a nice fella. I'm sure Rupa will tell you everything though."

I suddenly had a feeling that it might have not been the best idea to accept this field trip. Had The Puppet Master been getting into her mind? Hmmm...

We hiked for about ten minutes when I saw a little bamboo hut with a grass roof still on top if a hill, surrounded by leafy tress and tall grass.

"Finally. Were here" Lavender said stepping onto the cobblestone path. We followed it up the hill till we came face to door with the hut. Lavender sighed in relief and knocked.

Suddenly, the door swung open, and a girl around Lavenders age stood there gripping s frying pant while yelling at us in Hindi. I stepped back while Lavender raised her hands over her head.

The lady stopped and smiled. "Lavender! Sorry about dat. Silly monks disturb my dinner all da time. Come in! Come in!" Lavender smiled and hugged the lady saying, "I missed you too."