No. 7- You Poor Unfortunate Soul

I already knew I had a bad day when I woke up green. Literally, of course!

I screamed and sat up, looking at my hands and touching my face. Jasper and his brothers bursted into the room and gave a yelp when they saw me. "Ella! Y-your green!"

"I'm green! How am I green!" I cried. "I don't know!" Jasper gulped. "Did you eat something bad?" I shook my head and said, "what could have possibly-."

The memory of me throwing random ingredients into a caldron yesterday came to mind. I was or acting spirt chanting as homework from my mother. I guess following the instruction should have been the route to go.

"Ah man," I sighed. I ran my fingers though my hair was explained what happened. The Jasper gave me a good scolding on experimental potion chanting and how every time I did it a puppy died (which made me feel no better, thank you very much).

"Well do you think you can fix it?" Jasper asked. I shrugged. "Not the best potion witch as we can clearly tell," I said gesturing to my green skin. They all nodded in agreement when Iggy said, "so what now? Do we go to Ingrid?"

"No," I said sadly. "She went to her brothers house for the week." Quincey sighed and said, "well who else do we know that can reverse a curse casted by evil spirits?"

We all looked at each other as if that was a no brainer. "Aw man," I sighed. "I don't like that guy."

...

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! LOOK AT YOU! YOU LOOK LIKE A WALKING CUCUMBER! HAHAHAHA!" The Puppet Master laughed as I stood in front of him, about to turn red.

"Hey, hey! Enough now," Lavender said hitting him with a dish rag. "She came for your help. Now help her." Lavender gave him a warning look as she walked away.

The Puppet Master wiped tears from his eyes from laughing so hard and said, "fine, fine. It's gonna cost you though. After all I am a voodoo doll specialist. There's gonna be a fee."

He pushed me towards the back of his toy shop/evil lair where he stopped in front of a book case, slowly touching a book and pulling it back from the spine. The bookshelf shuttered and moved, revealing a hidden room.

"Go on in," he smiled evilly. I looked at my brothers who gave me a weak smile and motioned me to press forward. I gulped and said, "why do all the bad things happen to me?"

I stepped into the dark room to see a table sitting in the center of the small room with a velvet table cloth casted over it. Two chairs sat on ether side of the table.

Sitting in the one closet to the exit, The Puppet Master sat across the table. Just as he sat down The Puppet Master started to laugh again. "S-sorry. This is just too funny. I can't believe you turned yourself green. One of the most power witches and you turned yourself green. Someone tell me how this happens! Hahahaha! You poor unfortunate soul!"

I rolled my eyes and drummed my fingers on the table saying, "can we get on with this?" He sighed and nodded, weaving his rather long fingers together, giving me a sinister look.

"Now normally I would ask you to hand over your magic, but last time that hall need someone ended up as a voodoo doll. So this time I will ask for something rather simple." The Puppet Master paused for dramatic effect then said, "how about...ah yes! You have a rather talented broomstick don't you?"

"Yeah..." I said hesitantly. "Well," he continued. "Between you and me I might have lost Lavenders broom. So here's the deal. You give me your broom, I fix...that."

I paused, thinking if this was a trick. Feeling kinda desperate for my original skin color, I sighed and said, "deal." The Puppet Master grinned evilly and held out his fingerless, gloved hand. I shook his hand cause a loud screams and evil laughter to fill the room.