Chapter 23

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter World belongs to J.K. Rowling.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 23

"Moony!" Ardelle cried, throwing her arms around Remus' shoulders.

Remus laughed and climbed to his feet, "Hey, Ardie. Well, the Floo Network isn't getting any smoother."

"Just because you're not used to it," Ardelle said, affectionately helping him brush some of the soot off his clothes, "doesn't mean that it's bad."

"Never said such a thing," Remus said with a grin.

Quietly, she pressed a kiss to his cheek and said, "I missed you, Rem."

Remus smiled, "Well, why don't we go find the others? Do the others know I'm coming?"

"Erm...my parents know. But Padfoot and Prongs don't. And Peter...well, he isn't coming over. But we've been writing letters to him and he doesn't know about the Order—though he hasn't been replying at all to our letters," Ardelle said, "Do you think something's wrong with him?"

"I don't know, Ardie," Remus said softly, "But I know that you shouldn't worry about it. By the way, how are you guys protecting the Headquarters?"

Ardelle had informed Remus of Potter Mansion being the Order Headquarters through a Patronus message. She'd learnt how to conjure a Patronus in her sixth year—it was an aardwolf, just like her animagus.

"We've got wards, and Dumbledore is the Secret Keeper," Ardelle explained, "Though you won't tell anybody, will you?"

Remus assured her, "Of course I won't, Ardie. I'm an Order member myself, after all. Also, I'm your fiancé, aren't I?"

"Indeed you are," Ardelle said with a smile, before she pressed a kiss to Remus' lips gently.

"Moony?"

Remus and Ardelle leapt apart, and Ardelle blushed as she found James at the top of the stairs.

"When did you come over?" James asked as he eagerly rushed down the stairs to greet Remus with a hug.

"Just then," Remus answered with a grin, "Ardie invited me. I hope you don't mind me being here."

"No," James shook his head, grinning right back at one of his best friends, "Of course I don't mind. In fact, Lils and Marlene should be coming over tomorrow—will you be staying here?"

"Maybe for a few weeks," Remus said, "I was hoping...it'd be easier for me to be here with you guys...you know...so you guys can help me with my furry little problem."

"Of course we will," Ardelle agreed.

"But I might be travelling between my parents' house and your house for the next few weeks—I'll be attending Order meetings, though my father will only be coming when he can, since he doesn't want to endanger my mother," Remus explained, "I'll be needing to go back and get my trunk later. So do you mind if I stay?"

"No, we don't mind," James said with a grin, adjusting his glasses, "Well, Sirius is upstairs, and you know where your room is, right?"

"Same room from last Summer?" Remus asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah," Ardelle said, "I hope you don't mind."

"I don't," Remus said, "I've been here before, after all. And it's a beautiful place."

"Ah, thank you," Ardelle put an arm around Remus' shoulders—he'd grown so tall in the past few weeks that she had to stand on her tip-toes to reach, "I'm glad you like it. We should go find Sirius."

***

The three of them climbed up the staircase, and went down the corridor to find Remus' room.

"What's with the chandeliers?" Remus asked as he glanced up at the many chandeliers that lit the mansion.

"Our parents have been kind of obsessed with chandeliers for the past few months," Ardelle answered, rolling her eyes, "And so we have all of these chandeliers now."

James grinned, "Yeah. But you can't deny their quite cool."

"They are," Remus agreed.

It was located right next to James' room, opposite Sirius' room, with Ardelle's room beside James'.

The twins used to share a room, but when they got bigger their parents allowed them to get their own rooms rather than sharing one.

"Remus!" Sirius said excitedly as the three of them went into Sirius' room, "When did you get here?"

"Just then," Remus said with a grin as he pulled Sirius into a hug, "I'll be staying for a while."

"Cool," Sirius said, "Isn't there gonna be the first Order Meeting tomorrow?"

James nodded, "Well, according to my parents there will be."

"Well, Remmy, you came just on time for the Order Meeting," Ardelle said with a bright grin, "Will your father be coming?"

"I don't know," Remus said, "Well, he's already a part of the Order—Dumbledore invited him, and he accepted. But I don't know if he'll be able to come."

"Okay," James shrugged, "Well, when you see him again, tell him he's always welcome here, if he needs a place to stay. Or just to hang out."

"Thanks, James," Remus said with a grateful smile, "Thanks."

Author's Note:

As always, thanks for reading this chapter! Check out my other stories, which you can find on my profile ;)

Here are some questions for you all:

1. What colour/animal would you use to describe the story?

2. Who is your favourite character?

3. Who would you like to see more of in future chapters?

4. Any other thoughts/comments?

Be sure to leave your answers in the comments below to let me know your thoughts!

Thanks <3