Chapter 22

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter World belongs to J.K. Rowling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 22

"We missed you," Mrs. Potter said as she smiled and pulled Ardelle and James into a hug.

"We did," Mr. Potter agreed, "How was your final year at Hogwarts?"

"Great!" Ardelle said cheerfuly, "And as we said, we've invited some of the others over, and—,"

"Ardelle," Mr. Potter said sharply, "Is that a ring I see on your finger? What is it?"

Ardelle quickly tucked her hand behind her back and said, "Er...um...it's...um..."

"Don't worry about it," Mrs. Potter said with a wink, "I got your letter. Congratulations, sweetie."

"What?" Mr. Potter demanded, turning to his wife, "What do you mean? What letter?"

"She's engaged, Fleamont," Mrs. Potter said with a smile, "Our little girl is engaged."

"Engaged?" Mr. Potter asked, sounding more confused than angry now, "To whom?"

"Remus," Ardelle said, unable to help her smile, "Remus Lupin."

"Oh, was he the boy who came over last Summer?" Mr. Potter said, recognition lighting his eyes.

"Yes," James said, cutting in, "He was the one with the brown hair and brown eyes."

"Oh, he was very polite," Mr. Potter said with a smile, "Is he good to you, Delli?"

"Very." Ardelle answered immediately, giggling a little at the familiar nickname that her father had always given her since she was little, "Very good."

"Where's Sirius?" Mrs. Potter asked, glancing around for said boy.

"Right here," Sirius said with a grin as he appeared beside James, "I was just saying goodbye to Marlene."

"Well, then, we should get going," Mrs. Potter said, "We can continue talking back at home, alright? Also, we've got many things to speak to you all about."

Without a flicker in her smile, Mrs. Potter took the hands of both her children—just as she'd done every year, on this day, even though both of them could apparate on their own now—and the Potter Family, along with Sirius, apparated home.

When they finally arrived—with Mr. Potter and Sirius a second behind them with their trunks—Ardelle and James grinned at each other when they saw the familiar building that was their home—Potter Mansion.

The building was wide and beautiful, and the fountain at the front of the garden was bright and cheerful as it seemed to welcome the twins home.

"Home," James breathed from where he stood beside Ardelle.

Ardelle squeezed his hand, "Yes. Home."

***

"Now," Mrs. Potter said, after sitting them around the dinner table and pouring them each some apple juice, "Albus has informed me that the lot of you have joined the Order of the Phoenix."

James, Sirius and Ardelle both tensed from where they sat.

"Don't look so worried," Mr. Potter said with a chuckle, "It is a serious issue, but we are also a part of the Order. Do not stress."

"Of course," Ardelle said quickly, taking James' hand for reassurance as she asked, "But why are we discussing this?"

"Our house will be Headquarters to the Order of the Phoenix," Mrs. Potter said, exhaling deeply.

"What?" James demanded, "What do you mean?"

"Calm down, James," Mr. Potter said gently.

"Yeah, but—,"

"Calm down," Mrs. Potter said firmly, "Calm down, Sirius."

After a long moment, Mr. Potter said, "Right. Now, we were going to explain. We have allowed our home to become the Headquarters not without considerations. You will still have privacy, and your rooms, and you will both still be safe. However," He paused, giving them both a long look, "there will be other Order members around the house, passing through between missions. Meetings will also be held at our home, though it will not be chaotic. All Order members are wise and intelligent, and will not bother you if you do not wish to be bothered."

"Yes, father," The twins said, sipping from their apple juice.

"Yes, Mr. Potter," Sirius said with a nod, his apple juice remaining untouched.

As Ardelle put down her glass, she said, "So...will Remus be able to come over?"

Mrs. Potter laughed, "Of course that's what you will worry about. Yes, Remus will be able to come over. Even live here, if he wanted to. He is a member of the Order, after all. We will be providing all members with a home and a place to reside, should they need it."

James perked up and said, "What about—,"

"Yes, Lily can come over too," Mr. Potter said, rolling his eyes.

"How did you know what I was going to—," James started, confused.

"Yeah, you talk about Lily Evans at every moment you can," Sirius said with a chortle, "Your parents would know you well enough by now. And they probably already know Lily, even though they've never met her."

"Now, Sirius is right," Mrs. Potter laughed.

"Well, now. Wouldn't the lot of you want to settle in? Afterwards, you kids can go and play Quidditch outside." Mr. Potter suggested.

"Yes, father."

"Yes, Mr. Potter."

And the three of them grinned at each other before racing up the stairs like a group of excited little children.

Which they were, of course.

They were very excited little children.

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading! I hope you liked this chapter.

Leave a comment or a vote to let me know if you enjoyed it! Check out my other works too, which you can find on my profile.

Now, a few questions for you all to answer:

1. Who is your favourite character now?

2. Which couple is your favourite?

3. What colour would you use to describe your favourite couple?

4. Any other thoughts?

As always, leave your answers in the comments.

Thank you for reading <3