Chapter 17

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter World belongs to J.K. Rowling.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 17

"Chocolate, anyone?" Remus offered, breaking off a small chunk of chocolate from his chocolate bar.

"Me, me!" Peter said eagerly, holding out his hand.

Peter had returned to hanging out with them more recently.

Though Ardelle was suspicious, she was more so relieved that their friend Peter was back to normal.

"Sure," Remus said as he passed the chocolate to Peter with a smile.

"Thanks, Moony," Peter said as he ate the chocolate in one massive bite.

Remus opened his mouth to talk, but—

"You're welcome and everything, whatever," Ardelle cut in, "Hurry up, hurry up. Our year at Hogwarts is ending, and it's our last week! We need to do something fun and cool for this special day."

"Why today?" James groaned as he stretched from where he lay on his bunk, "There's still lots of days left!"

"I wouldn't say lots," Lily disagreed, "A couple, more like."

"Of course, of course," James said hastily, giving Lily a smile, and Lily giggled.

"James," Sirius scoffed.

"What?" James asked cluelessly, turning to Sirius with wide eyes, "What's wrong?"

Sirius rolled his eyes at the same time that Peter sighed.

"Whatever, James." Sirius said with a groan.

"Oh, Sirius, you're just annoyed at everything right now because Marlene's mad at you," Lily teased.

"Yeah—I mean, no," Sirius retorted as colour rose to his cheeks.

"Aww, Sirius, you're so adorable," James cooed mockingly.

Sirius grumbled, "Be quiet, James."

Ardelle and Remus laughed as Peter watched silently, a smile on his lips.

"By the way, Rem," Ardelle said, lowering her voice as the others started another conversation, "Have you taken the Wolfsbane Potion yet?"

"Yeah," Remus replied quietly, "I have. I mean, it doesn't taste great...but..."

"Well, I'm sorry, but I was unfortunately trying to make the potion effective, so I'm sorry it doesn't taste like a cup of tea," Ardelle said, rolling her eyes.

Remus said, "You didn't let me finish. I was going to say that chocolate makes it better."

Ardelle glanced towards the massive pile of chocolate wrappers on Remus' bunk and said, "Yeah, that explains that."

Remus chortled, "Don't blame me. Chocolate is good!"

Ardelle shrugged, "It's okay."

"It's not okay. It's awesome."

"Sure, sure," Ardelle sighed.

She turned to the others and said, "If none of you lot want to leave the dorm, then Moony and I are going on a walk around the grounds, alright?"

Remus' eyes perked up, "We are?"

"Yes," Ardelle snapped, shooting him a look.

"Right, right. Of course we are."

Lily gave them an incredulous look, "What, you're going to leave me with this lot?"

"Lils, you'll do fine. You've got James," Ardelle told her, but Lily raised a brow, unconvinced.

"Fine, fine, you can come with," Ardelle said with a sigh, giving in.

"James," Lily ordered, "You're coming with me, okay?"

James jumped to his feet. "Of course, of course, Lily."

And that was how the Marauders all took a hour-long walk around Hogwarts Castle on Thursday afternoon.

Author's Note: 

Hi! Thanks for reading! Check out my other stories if you'd like to, you can find them on my profile.

Some questions for you all to answer in the comments if you have a spare moment:

1. Is the story too hard to follow?

2. Who is your favourite character/s? Has your favourite character changed throughout the course of the story? Why/Why not?

3. Any other thoughts/comments?

Leave a vote or comment to let me know your thoughts!

Thanks for reading <3