Chapter 30

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter World belongs to J.K. Rowling.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 30

The Full Moon was not as rough as usual.

Remus mostly just slept, and the Marauders slept in their animal forms with him.

When he first transformed, he was more restless, wanting to explore the gardens of Potter Manor and trampling a couple bushes, but he did nothing other than that. He just sniffed around the gardens, and the Marauders, in their animagus forms, had followed him around.

And then, a few hours later, Remus had fallen asleep under a tree, and James, Sirius and Ardelle had originally planned to stay awake and guard Remus and ensure that he'd be okay, but the three of them had all fallen asleep.

They had decided, two days before, with Mr. and Mrs. Potter's permission, of course, that they'd let Remus transform in the Potter Manor's Gardens, since he'd had the Wolfsbane Potion and wouldn't be doing much harm anyway.

Of course, Mr. and Mrs. Potter didn't know that Ardelle had made the Wolfsbane Potion—they didn't know that the potion existed, either, and none of the Marauders mentioned it to them.

Ardelle would tell them when she wanted to, and that was that.

Also, Mr. and Mrs. Potter didn't know that the Marauders were animagi. And since the Marauders were unregistered, they'd decided not to tell anybody.

***

Ardelle woke to the sun peaking over the horizon, and the sound of soft snoring around her.

She rolled around and saw Remus—he was no longer in his wolf form. He'd gotten a couple of scratches and bruises, but there was nothing serious. She would've healed him if she'd had her wand with her. But she'd left it back at the Manor, not wanting to lose or break it.

She quickly changed back into her human form and shook the stag and the dog awake.

James and Sirius quickly changed back to their human forms as well, before the three of them worked together to carry Remus back to Potter Mansion.

James, Sirius and Ardelle had not gotten any injuries.

Mr. and Mrs Potter had gone on an Order Mission yesterday afternoon, so the Marauders didn't have to avoid them and didn't have to sneak out, or be nervous about getting caught.

They would only return later today for the Order Meeting today, though Ardelle wasn't sure if Remus would be able to attend it.

Lily and Marlene were already up and dressed when the Marauders, carrying Remus, entered Potter Mansion.

Lily had her wand prepared, and the moment they positioned Remus gently on the couch, she was muttering spells and repairing his ripped clothes—Remus hadn't gotten too many injuries.

He'd probably received his small, minor injuries during the transformation into his werewolf form and back, seeing as he hadn't done anything that would've acquired him any injuries at any other times during the night.

James, Sirius and Ardelle crowded around the couch as Marlene went to the kitchen to get a damp towel for Remus' cuts and scratches.

Sirius sat between the twins, but he'll realise later that sitting between the twins was a mistake...

"Move aside, move aside," Marlene ordered, and when they didn't move, she prodded Sirius' shoulder.

But he still didn't move. He just turned and gave her a mischievous grin.

Marlene sighed and said with a gleam in her eyes, "You leave me no choice..."

Before Sirius could react, Marlene had given him a sharp kick in the side, and with a loud yelp Sirius lost his balance and fell over to his left, crashing into Ardelle.

"Oi, Padfoot," Ardelle snapped, shoving Sirius back in the direction that he'd fallen from—but that only knocked him into James.

When James fell over, he gave Sirius a glare before shoving his best friend over to Ardelle.

The twins shoved Sirius around for a while, with Lily watching incredulously and Marlene chortling from where she knelt as she gently pressed the damp towel to Remus' forehead, until Sirius snapped, "Oh, cut it out, would you? Seriously, how immature can you two get?"

"Look who's talking," Ardelle rolled her eyes, shoving Sirius right back to her twin brother, who shoved him back, "And Sirius Black tells us to stop being immature."

"Seriously, how immature can you two get?" James said mockingly with a grin in Sirius' direction as Ardelle shoved Sirius back to her brother.

Sirius grumbled, "For Merlin's sake—,"

Marlene said, "Siriusly, you mean." She smirked at Sirius, who gave her an irritated look.

James was about to shove Sirius back to Ardelle again, but Sirius bent backwards, dodging James' push and jumped to his feet.

"That's it," Sirius said with a glare at both of the twins, "Cut it out. Honestly."

"Siriusly, you mean, not 'honestly'—,"

But Ardelle was cut off by Lily.

"I've got breakfast prepared in the Kitchen," Lily butted in, "If any of you are hungry, at all."

Sirius gave Lily a grateful glance, and Lily just laughed, watching as James and Ardelle gave each other a glance, met each other's eyes, and then simultaneously leapt to their feet.

"Race you," James said with a grin, before the two of them hurtled away.

Sirius, who had been left behind, muttered under his breath, "Traitors."

Author's Note:

Hey guys! Thanks for reading. I hope you liked this chapter!

Be sure to vote and comment to let me know if you did ;)

Some questions for you guys to answer/think about:

1. What animal would you use to describe this chapter?

2. What colour would you use to describe this story?

3. Which character is your favourite and why?

4. Any other thoughts/comments?

As always, leave your answers in the comments below to let me know your answers/thoughts!

Cya <3