Chapter 29

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter World belongs to J.K. Rowling.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 29

Ardelle pressed a kiss to Remus' forehead and said, "You'll be okay. Have you had the Wolfsbane Potion?"

"Yeah," Remus groaned, his voice shaky, "What time is it?"

He rolled over slightly from where he lay on his bed to glance at the clock.

"It's already almost midnight, Ardie," Remus said quietly, "You should go to sleep."

"I will," Ardelle promised him, "I will soon." She rubbed her eyes, "Are you sure you'll be okay?"

Remus barely managed a nod before he shut his eyes and said, "Yeah. I'm going to go to sleep, soon."

"Well, get some rest," Ardelle said with a small smile, "You'll need it for the Full Moon. Remember to take the Wolfsbane Potion again tomorrow morning, okay?"

"Okay." Remus said, pulling his blankets over himself, "Goodnight, Ardie."

"Goodnight," Ardelle kissed his forehead again before she got up and returned to her own room.

***

"Is he okay?" James asked, the moment that Ardelle came out the door.

Ardelle leapt backwards and almost crashed into the wall. Quickly, she scrambled to regain her balance and hissed, "Be quiet, James. Why aren't you asleep yet? Did you purposely want to scare me?"

"No," James retorted, dragging Ardelle into her room, "Tell me about how he is."

Ardelle sat down on the edge of her bed, and she patted the spot beside her for her brother to sit down.

James did no such thing.

He collapsed onto the middle of the bed and stayed there, rolling onto his back.

"How is he?" James asked, turning his head a little to give Ardelle a glance.

"He's okay," Ardelle said with a sigh, "The usual. He's pale, and tired."

"Just like every Full Moon," James said.

"Yeah. Just like every Full Moon." Ardelle sighed sadly, "I wish there were a way to help him."

"Hey," James said with a small smile, "You've already made the Wolfsbane Potion—even though it's not an official potion yet. By the way, you'll have to tell Dumbledore about it one of these days; it's a seriously awesome potion you made. Imagine all the people it could help!"

"Yeah," Ardelle said in a small voice, "But I don't want to give it to everybody else. I want to save all of it for Remus."

"Only him?" James asked, raising a confused eyebrow, "Are...why?"

"I just..." Ardelle sighed, "I spent all those hours and days making the potion—not to help all werewolves, but to help Remus. It's just...it's selfish. I should probably just tell Dumbledore about it and ask him what I should do."

"Yeah," James said with a nod of agreement, "That would probably be the best thing to do."

"Yeah," Ardelle said, "It's—it's really sad. It's not even his fault that he's a werewolf—it's nobody's fault except for Fenrir Greyback's. And...and he's a...and he's—,"

"Terrible," James finished for her.

"Yeah," Ardelle said, "He's terrible—I already know that, even though I've never met him.

"I know he's terrible too, Ardie," James said, sitting up from the bed and crawling over to Ardelle, "But there's nothing we can do other than help Remus get through it. Thanks to you, he won't have to feel the guilt—ever—of losing his mind on a Full Moon and hurting somebody."

Ardelle turned and pulled his twin brother into a hug.

And even though they looked almost like strangers and they didn't look like twins at all, they were twins in that moment—they were siblings who would support each other, and they were siblings who loved each other.

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading this chapter! Be sure to vote and comment if you enjoyed to let me know ;)

If you've got any art relating/inspired by this story that you'd like me to see, do let me know and I'd be so happy to see it!

Thanks for reading, cya <3