Chapter 20

CHAPTER 20

Itadakimasu!

AH! Aileen! It’s nice to see you again!”Yonghwa-hyung said. He is blocking the door so I can’t see Aileen and Nee Sa yet.

“H-hai. Nado.” A soft voice answered. Even though I can’t see her, I know she’s tugging whatever she’s wearing now. I stepped towards the door and opened it wider.

“Hey,” I greeted. And I am right, she is clutching her skirt, too tightly. She smiled when she saw me and answered ‘Hey’ as well.

“We’re coming in!” Nee Sa said as she grabbed Aileen’s hand and went inside. She must have seen Minhyuk but then she just acknowledge him with a nod.

“Ah, gomen,” Aileen said as she almost collided with Jonghyun-hyung.

“Aileen-ssi!” Jonghyun-hyung greeted with a soft peck on her cheek. Aileen froze instantly.

“Yah! Oppa! Don’t do that!” Nuna appeared out of nowhere and immediately clinged to hyung’s arm. She then turned to Aileen. “Annyeonghaseyo,”

“Nuna, she don’t speak Korean,” Minhyuk yelled from the kitchen.

“Jinjja? She’s Korean but she doesn’t speak Korean?” Nuna asked, confused. All of us chuckled at the question.

“Ah, ne. that’s because she’s Japanese,” It was Nee Sa who answered.

Dae-In nuna is silent for a while and stared at Nee Sa. “I see. Then we’ll speak in Nihonggo. Andie by the way, Minhyuk’s nuna,” Wow. I didn’t know nuna could speak Japanese. The accent is so natural.

“Andie?” Aileen turned to me in question and must have not remembered. I smiled a knowing smile and pointed Minhyuk. “A-ah! Right, Andie-san. Nice to meet you!” Aileen bowed in courtesy.

“You must be Nee Sa,” nuna said as she turned to Nee Sa who is currently at the counter watching Minhyuk make salad. She turned towards nuna as her name was mentioned.

“Ah. Ne. Kwon Nee Sa, nice to meet you. You must be Kang Dae-In,” Aigoo! We all turned to to nuna’s reaction, horrified that Nee Sa just called her Dae-In and not Andie.

“Dae-In nuna’s smiling,” Jonghyun-hyung whispered beside me. I don’t know how he got there but I presumed he went there fast at the mere answer of Nee Sa.

Woah. The ambience in the room changed instantly. Haha! Women are really amazing. Nuna stared at Nee Sa for a while, still smiling but Nee Sa is looking at us back and forth, maybe wondering on what’s happening.

“Andie’s a very nice name,” Aileen said out of the blue. We all turned to her in unison and then to nuna again as she turned to Aileen and smiled sweetly.

“Jinjja?? Ack! Thank you so much! Oppa told me that too!” Nuna said excitedly. Whew.

“Let’s go eat!” Yonghwa-hyung said immediately and ushered as to the terrace.

Aileen walked behind. I could say she is eyeing the entire room, probably evaluating it with her designing skills.

“Nice save,” I said as I kept up with her pace. The others are at the terrace now and we’re the only ones at the living room. I saw Aileen turned to me questionly, her forehead creased with confusion again.

“Eh? For what?” She looked at me inquisitively and I can’t help but press my index finger i9n between her furrowing eyebrows. She froze instantly in surprise.

I smiled and cleared my throat. “I meant to surprise you by bringing you here in our dorm. I think it would be more fun if we could welcome you in Korea together with the hyung.”