Chapter 12

Chapter 12

SO SOON??

“Why are you here?” I said in the best flat tone I could muster. Ra Ra just looked at me for a moment and let out a mocking smile.

Hyung answered the question. “We met on a shop and she said she have something to talk about with Yonghwa.”

We were silent for a minute. I just stared at the window, hands in my pocket, seeing nothing. “Hyung, are the others on their way here?” I was referring to Yonghwa-hyung and Minhyuk.

Hyung looked at me for a second, aware that I’m ignoring the presence of someone else in the room. “It’s almost 4, so I think they’re on their way now.” I nodded in answer. I turn around and was about to enter my room, maybe lock myself in while she’s here, when hyung grab hold of my arm. “Shin-a.” He looked at me pleadingly, maybe asking me to be civil for a moment. I let out a sigh and turned to Ra Ra.

“So you’re finally back, eh?. Welcome? I suppose. Make yourself at home,” and then I went inside my room, locked the door.

I want to scream. I don’t know, but even though two years have already passed, I could still feel my chest tighten with the mere sight of her. I can’t help but feel angry, ruin my composure. I want to punch somebody.

I sat on the floor, with my head against the door, closed my eyes and tried to calm myself. Without thinking, I stood up, took my bass, plugged it in the amp, turned the volume up and played. I need to calm myself because I feel I could snap any moment now. A lot of people admire me for my calm and composed character. Untouchable, eh? I grimaced at the word. Yeah, I’ve become one.

I played and played, concentrated on the sound produced by the strings. Our rooms are all sound-proofed so there’s no need for me to worry if the people outside would be disturbed or not.

I stayed like that for an hour, played absentmindedly, wondered what they could be doing in the living room.

Knock. Knock.

“Shin-a,” someone called. Must be Yonghwa-hyung. I went to the door, unlocked it, opened, and found the hyungs looking at me. “Gwaenchana?”

I smiled at nodded my head. Hyung looked inside my room and saw my bass on the crumpled bed with the amp on its maximum volume. He sighed. He knows I do that when I’m upset and needs to cool myself down.

          “She left.” I relaxed at the mention of those words.

          “I’m hungry. Let’s have dinner,” Minhyuk said.

“Ara.” I answered. We all went to the kitchen and ate what Yonghwa-hyung prepared. Well, we ate in silence.

“Hyung,” I called and stared towards Jonghyun-hyung. “Mianhe.”

He smiled and nodded his head. “Gwaenchana. But then, I’m sorry for bringing her here suddenly. I haven’t thought of what would you feel.”

“It’s not your fault, hyung.”

We ate in silence again, I think the mood is getting lighter now. As usual, Minhyuk and Jonghyun-hyung fought for the last serving. And again, for the nth time, hyung won.

“Ahhh! Hyung, you’re such a cheater!” Minhyuk exclaimed with his mouth full.

“Yah! I’m older! Don’t treat your hyung like that!” Jonhyun-hyung said in a motherly tone which sent us all laughing.

“I’m younger than you, I should be eating more!” Minhyuk answered.

“All the food you eat goes to your height, so stop it! You’re already tall!” Jonghyun said with a smirk.