Awkward date

******************************************************************************************

Doomed Love?

******************************************************************************************

Chapter Nine:

Awkward date

Brooke spent the day at work refusing to think about the attack that happened the night before. Instead she focussed on her memories of sleeping beside Godric.

Iris had bombarded Brooke with questions that morning and Brooke left out the part about Zander. Just as Godric promised the house was spotless and there wasn't a drop of blood on the carpet anywhere. It was done by the time Iris got home. Zander hadn't hurt her at all, and Iris didn't even know he was a vampire. He pretended to be a new friend of Brooke's.

"Are you okay? You've been distant all night?" Brad asked from across the table. He had taken her to a small romantic Italian restaurant for their date.

It was cheesy and over the top with red and pink wallpaper and red table cloths, and Brooke felt out of place as she looked at all the other couples who couldn't keep their hands off one another.

"I'm sorry. I ummm . . . Had a long day at work." Brooke twirled some fettuccini around her fork.

"I know what that's like." Brad smiled. He had been trying to make conversation for the last hour and Brooke had been answering with only a few words at most.

"Yeah," Brooke forced a smile. Her plate had barely been touched and she had lost her appetite completely.

"You obviously don't want to be here. Come on I'll drop you home." Brad tilted his head toward the door.

"I'm sorry." Brooke apologised. She felt awful for acting distant and like she would rather stab herself in the eye. Which was what Brad was thinking, her psychic wall that usually blocked out everyone's thoughts and memories had temporarily broken down.

"No it's okay." Brad stood to his feet.

"Wait you paid for dessert and I love gelato," Brooke grabbed Brad's attention. It was the least she owed him. A dead person would have been more of a livelier date than her.

"Are you sure?" Brad asked as he stayed standing.

"I'm sure."

For the last part of desert Brooke made an effort and held conversations with Brad and the wall in her mind started to rebuild. The rest of the date seemed to rush by and Brooke felt relieved. He was nice but there was no spark as Brooke expected.

"Let me get the door for you." Brad spoke as he parked his car in her driveway and got out.

Brooke watched as he walked around the car and stopped outside the passenger seat door. He smirked and opened the door and Brooke stepped out onto the driveway.

Brad's lips were on Brooke's before she could say goodnight or even take a step forward. He caught her off guard and she heard his thoughts of wanting to take her to bed and rip off her clothes.

Brooke pulled away after she built up the wall again. She didn't want to hear any more of his thoughts that involved her. "I'm sorry. I really need to go." Brooke apologised.

Brad looked hurt and stunned as if he expected her to melt into his arms and invite him into her bed. "I thought since you stayed for dessert that you wanted dessert."

Brooke didn't need Brad to clarify. "No I just really do like chocolate gelato."

"Oh. Well this is awkward." Brad put his hands in his pocket and took a step away from Brooke.

"I'm sorry."

"No you don't need to apologise. You gave me a shot and that's all I asked for. Goodnight. I'll see you around." Brad replied before he walked to his door and got into his car.

Brooke felt horrible but she felt no desire for Brad and wasn't going to pretend otherwise. Before she started to make her way inside she watched him drive down the street.

The porch light was off and Iris's car was gone and as Brooke made her way to the steps she noticed a dark figure sitting on the swing seat on the porch. Her heart instantly started to beat rapidly as the fear set in.

"It's okay Brooke. It's me Godric." He spoke before he stood to his feet and walked down the steps.

Brooke's heart slowed and a small smile spread on her face. "How long have you been there?"

"Ten minutes. He really likes you."

"So what brings to my house?" Brooke changed the subject for a change.

"I fear for your safety and there is only one way I can keep you safe." Godric had spent all night and day arguing for and against announcing Brooke as his.

"You mean my gift." Brooke clarified. She still didn't buy it. That her gift was all he was interested in.

"Yes and for you and your gift to be safe I need to claim you as mine."

Brooke didn't know what to say or think; claiming people seemed to be caveman like and she had only met Godric a week ago although it also made her heart flutter in anticipation of being his.

"I need specifics."

"I will claim you as mine in front of the nest which means no other vampire can touch you. That's all that is required from you; we just need to keep up appearances occasionally in which you will need to attend an event at my hive."

"That's all?" Brooke couldn't hide the disappointment. Part of her was hoping for more.

"Yes it is the only way you will be safe from vampires."

"Does it mean I can't take my dates to any vampire hot spots?"

"Technically you can do as you please; once I claim you as mine no vampire can touch you even if you are with a human romantically." Although for your blood they might think it's worth the risk if they were to find out what you could do. Godric kept the rest to himself. He was confident that no other vampires were interested in Brooke. They had all been present when Zander's fangs were ripped out and he met the true death yet there was still a very small part of him that couldn't risk her safety even if he was confident she was safe.

"Well I guess I can't say no to that." She could still date and be safe from Dallas vampires; there was no reason to reject his offer.

"Are you free tomorrow night?"

"Yes I am."

"That is when I will make the announcement. Isabel wants to take you dress shopping beforehand."

"Okay. Well I'll see you then."

"Goodnight Brooke." Godric spoke softly before he disappeared into the night. He wanted her by his side again, to hear her heartbeat and feel her warmth against his skin but he couldn't.

___________________________________________________________

THANKS for reading! Did you enjoy it?

VOTE.................COMMENT................. FAN................. ADD TO LIBRARY

XOX