Bringing back the dead

******************************************************************************************

Doomed Love?

******************************************************************************************

Chapter Six:

Bringing back the dead

Godric had Brooke watched since the night at the bar. He knew he couldn't watch her forever but he also knew he couldn't do the alternative either. He had to keep Brooke alive.

Usually he done the patrolling himself although he had a sheriff situation he had to take care of and so far no one had bothered her. He had to keep her safe; he couldn't let her die; Brooke's gift was far too important at least that's how he justified it to himself.

"Pick up." Godric hissed into the phone as he reached Stan's voicemail for the second time. There was something wrong he could feel it; sense it. Even without the blood bond he knew Brooke was in danger.

He called Isabel next, "I need you at 24 Regal Street as soon as possible." Godric ordered before he ended the call. He had just made his ruling and the nest was clearing out.

Without a second thought he ran to Brooke's house using his vampire speed. It took less than a few minutes although as soon as he arrived he noticed it was too quiet as Stan's car sat empty across the street.

Within a second Godric had kicked down Brooke's door and found the culprit leaning over her limp body. Godric recognised him immediately. Zander was a member of his nest.

"Zander?" Godric heard the rage in his voice.

Zander stood to his feet immediately with a piece of Brooke's flesh hanging from his mouth. His clothes were soaked from Brooke's blood and it dripped down his chin.

He spat Brooke's flesh onto the floor and grinned, "Hey sheriff. Why are you wasting your time here?"

Stan rushed through the door and pinned Zander against the wall before Godric was able to answer or attack him. "Where were you?" Godric demanded.

"I was preoccupied." Stan's grip tightened around Zander's neck.

"She's good isn't she?" Zander asked as his lips curled into a smirk.

"Shut the fuck up." Stan growled.

Godric ignored them both and focussed on Brooke. She was lying in a puddle of blood and there was more still spurting from the gaping hole in her neck.

Godric rushed to Brooke's side and knelt in the growing puddle. "Do not let him go." Godric ordered Stan; his underling.

"Oh come on I ain't done nothin wrong. There's no law on killing humans." Zander hissed as he struggled to get free.

"No but Nan wants your fangs. You are getting in the way of some bullshit politics." Stan laughed at Zander's misfortune.

Godric bit into his wrist and ignored the slight pain. He feared the worst although he refused to let the thought cross through his mind a second time.

He held his wrist to Brooke's mouth but she had stopped breathing and her skin was starting to turn various shades of blue and purple.

"I need you to do chest compressions." Godric ordered Stan as he continued to drip his blood into her mouth. Godric couldn't bring a dead person back to life and he needed to get her heart to beat before his blood could start the healing process. She had gone from dead to worse within seconds.