More Questions

******************************************************************************************

Doomed Love?

******************************************************************************************

Chapter Three

More questions

"I can understand that. Vampires do not think like humans . . . You know you really are something special." Godric complimented Brooke. He hadn't met a human, well half human- half fae whose gifts worked on vampires although he had only met a few in his time but Brooke was in a completely different league of her own.

Brookes face fell as he spoke. Her abilities were nothing but a pain in her ass. They got her admitted to a psych ward when she was seven years old. It took her six months to learn how to shut it out and another eight months to prove the doctors that she was sane. Freedom didn't come until after her eighth birthday and her mother died just one year after her release. Brooke blamed her abilities for taking away precious time with her mother.

"I didn't mean that as a bad thing child; you have a beautiful and amazing gift."

"It's not a gift." Brooke disagreed. She couldn't believe she was having a deep and meaningful conversation with a vampire who was drinking her blood just moments ago, and she also couldn't believe how safe she felt or how smooth the white doona cover felt under her hands.

"What material is this?" Brooke accidentally asked out loud instead of keeping the though silent. It was another nervous habit.

"You're interested in my blanket?" Godric asked.

Brooke blushed as she thought about what she wanted to do with Godric under the doona cover or on top; either or.

"Just forget I said that," Brooke was relieved he couldn't read her thoughts.

"May I?" Godric asked as he looked at Brooke's hand before he looked into her warm brown eyes. He didn't want to touch her without permission; the last thing he wanted was to bombard Brooke with more of his past. He was still waiting for her to run out the door screaming in horror from the memories of his she witnessed.

"Yeah," Brooke nodded as she tried not to sound too eager.

Godric grabbed Brooke's hand and her heart accelerated in response as goose bumps rose on her skin; which weren't in response to his cold touch. After a few seconds and a deep breath Brooke was able to temporarily build up the wall again. She just wanted to feel his touch without being bombarded by his emotions and memories.

"You should never let anyone get to you; ignore their hateful and jealous words. Freak is a word invented by people who are afraid to be different and envious of those who have their own thoughts, dreams and talents." Godric let go of her hand. He may not have been able to read her thoughts but he could see how ashamed she was of her gift, and it almost broke his heart.

"You should give speeches for a living," Brooke smiled as she stared into his blue-green eyes. It was impossible to pick a single colour they most resembled. It depended on how the light hit them which made the colour either blue or green.

"You think?" Godric raised an eyebrow. Motivational speaker was not a career he ever gave a first thought to let alone a second. He did give speeches and orders regularly to his hive but that was completely different.

I could listen to your voice all day. Brooke made sure to keep that thought to herself.

"Yeah so how do you deal with vampire haters? Are you like a couple of hundred years old?" Brooke asked as she silently wished he would rest his hand upon hers again.

"I'm over 2,000 years old and I don't blame them. We haven't been easy to exist with to say the least."

Brooke felt her jaw drop to the ground. She was completely stunned and couldn't believe he was over 2,000 years old. She couldn't even begin to imagine everything he must have witnessed throughout time, watching as the world changed around him. It was incredible.

Immediately Brooke felt her back straighten as her eyes began to buzz with excitement, "Oh my god. Now that is amazing. I mean you saw the world as it changed, it's . . ." Brooke was lost for words.

"Completely depressing," Godric cut in before Brooke could think of a word to describe how fascinating it was.

Brooke didn't need her ability to see the wave of sadness washing over Godric.

"It doesn't have to be that way," Brooke had read many vampire stories where the vampires were always brooding and sad but she didn't think real life vampires were the same.

"When you have been on the earth for over 2,000 years everything becomes a meaningless task and you realise your actions have done nothing more than begin a war." Godric hated himself for how he treated humanity. He was inconsiderate and thought of them as animals whose lives meant nothing.

"It takes more than one person to start a war," Brooke pointed out and wished she could take away all his pain and suffering.

Godric wasn't used to opening up so much let alone to a human and he never thought a human would ever try to comfort him; not after all the pain he had caused. He would never be able to make up for the destruction he caused or the lives he stole.

"You are free to go; the limo is waiting for you. I can heal you before you leave if you'd like." Godric stood to his feet, opened the door and held it for her. He had indulged himself with Brooke's company for far too long; there was a reason he was punishing himself. Now that he knew what Brooke was he had to keep her safe from any curious vampires; they would drain her dry. Her blood was amazing; far better than her scent. If Godric hadn't mastered his self-control than he would have drained every single drop of blood from Brooke's body.

Part of Brooke didn't want to go home. She wanted Godric to feed on her again, wanted the connection back, and the electricity she felt when they touched.

"No I'm fine." Brooke smiled before she walked past Godric, down the hallway and out the front door into the limo. She had a feeling she wasn't going to see Godric again and the scars and memory were all she was going to have as a reminder.

___________________________________________________________

THANKS for reading! Did you enjoy it?

VOTE.................COMMENT................. FAN................. ADD TO LIBRARY

XOX