Never giving up

******************************************************************************************

Doomed Love?

******************************************************************************************

Chapter Twelve

Never giving up

It was the night after the amazing kiss with Godric and Brooke couldn't think about anything else . . . Literally. One minute everything was perfect; the kiss was even better than Brooke had imagined and then he was pushing her away.

Brooke wanted to scream, rip out her hair, and cry and kick things until her toes became numb and broken.

"So it was an amazing night huh?" Iris asked. They were sitting on the swing chair out the front of the house; the sun had just set and the bright yellow and red colours in the sky were begging to fade and darken.

"It was. The dress was great and the night was great. I was practically glued to Godric's side and the kiss well it was perfect until her ended it." Brooke grumbled and sighed as she stared out into the darkening sky.

"So you're just going to be all sad and depressed instead of doing something about it?" Iris asked as her hands clutched to the warm cup of coffee.

"What can I do about it? He's content on torturing himself what can I possibly say to change anything?" Brooke felt helpless and like a failure.

"Blah, blah, cry, cry I feel sorry for myself but I'm not willing to do anything about it, cry, blah, cry." Iris rolled her crystal blue eyes and swiped her blonde hair from her face dramatically.

"You're right; I'm acting pathetic and sitting her isn't going to accomplish anything," Brooke stood to her feet and kissed her best friend on her cheek before she dashed down the few steps and ran to her car, "Don't wait up!" Brooke yelled before she got in her car.

"I'm always right," Iris smiled before she stood to her feet and walked inside; she had an hour to get ready for her date and she wanted to look absolutely stunning.

The hive was buzzing with chatter and music as Brooke walked in with her head held high. Every vampire's attention turned to her as they watched her strut into the room; they all felt the slight pull towards her like there was something different about her, but they knew better than to act on it; she was the sheriffs and there was nothing they could do about it.

"Brooke? What are you doing here?" Godric asked as Brooke approached his chair.

"We need to talk." Brooke replied simply as her eyes took in every part of Godric. First she stared into his amazing blue green eyes before her gaze fell onto his beautifully curved lips, then her eyes ogled his broad shoulders and the part of a tattoo that showed through his grey V-neck t-shirt.

Get a hold of yourself! Brooke ordered herself as she flipped her brown hair behind her shoulder; like those women did in those movies when they were trying to seduce the man they were interested in.

"Brooke now is not a good time." Godric knew why she was there and he didn't want to talk about it. He shouldn't have kissed her; he messed up but it couldn't happen again.

"Oh come on sweetie can't you just spare me a minute?" Brooke asked. She knew the rest of the vampires would be listening, and Godric had gone to a lot of effort to protect her; he wouldn't throw it all away.

"Fine; to my quarters," Godric stood to his feet and Brooke grabbed his hand knowing he couldn't pull away until they were out of sight although Godric made sure to distance himself from his emotions.

The walk was silent and Godric removed his hand from hers as soon as he closed the door.

"Won't they still be able to hear us?" Brooke asked as she jumped onto Godric's bed.

"The room has been soundproofed as long as the door is shut they cannot hear us," Godric replied as he leaned against the door and looked at Brooke, "So why are you here?"

"Can't I visit my boyfriend without having a hidden agenda?" Brooke asked.

"Brooke please I'm sorry that I kissed you."

"Well I'm not." Brooke interrupted and stood to her feet, "I'm not sorry at all not in the slightest and you shouldn't be either."

"Brooke please you don't understand. It can't happen again; it will not happen again."

"Why not?" Brooke took a few steps forward.

"You know why."

"I know you need to stop punishing yourself; that's something I know," Brooke walked even closer towards Godric although he used his vampire speed and moved to the other side of the room before she could reach him, and Brooke sighed in frustration.

"I don't deserve happiness."

"Yes you do and I know you want me. Your hand didn't leave mine all night and then you kissed me and it wasn't a mistake." Brooke was feeling desperate; she had never wanted anyone so badly before.

"It was and I'm sorry for this; I never meant to hurt you," Godric apologised; he felt terrible for giving Brooke hope only to snatch it away.

"Well than don't; stop punishing yourself and stop torturing me!" Brooke demanded as her shoulders slumped in defeat.

"Brooke I'm--"

"Yeah I know you're sorry," Brooke turned her back on Godric, wiped away the few tears and forced a smile as she opened the door, ruffed up her hair and walked back through the nest.

She wasn't giving up on him yet; he was going to stop punishing himself eventually and she was going to be there when he did. All the vampires watched Brooke as she walked past them and they all thought they knew what had happened because of her smug smile and messy hair.

Not this time but maybe next time. Brooke silently answered their suspicious stares before she walked out of the house.

___________________________________________________________

THANKS for reading! Did you enjoy it?

SORRY it's so short. If you're a fan of Teen Wolf click on the external link.

VOTE.................COMMENT................. FAN................. ADD TO LIBRARY

XOX