Mystery Guy

I do not own any of the characters or story lines from the show; those rights are reserved to HBO & Charlaine Harris

******************************************************************************************

Doomed Love?

******************************************************************************************

Chapter One

Mystery guy

Brooke had been living in Dallas for over two and a half weeks and had moved the day after graduation. There was a job advertisement online for a receptionist at the Carmila hotel with great pay and decent hours. She aced the interview, got the job and moved to Texas with her best friend Iris.

The bar at hotel Carmila was lively with both humans and vampires and even though Brooke and Iris were underage the bartender still served them drinks; at half price. Brooke had her lunch breaks at the bar and Brad had been trying to get Brooke to go on a date with him and had failed every time.

"When are you going to go on a date with me?" Brad asked Brooke from behind the dark wooden bar which sat in the middle of the room and surrounded him. He was 24 years old and was funny and kind but he looked too much like her ex-boyfriend Todd with his green eyes, short blonde hair and cocky grin and Brooke had no romantic or sexual interest in him whatsoever.

"Well that was quick last time you waited until the fourth drink," Iris teased as she swallowed the last mouthful of her first drink. Her blonde hair was down and fell over her bare shoulders and half way down her back. She wore a strapless blue dress that clung to her body and showed off her curvy hourglass figure and big DD chest.

"I thought I would try something different." Brad smirked. He had claimed love at first sight the day he saw Brooke for the first time not that Brooke fell for it although they were getting served cheap alcoholic drinks so she couldn't complain.

"Well hurry up and say yes so we can get our drink on," Iris nudged Brooke. Iris wasn't leaving until she was at least tipsy.

Brooke thought about it; the last thing she wanted to do was encourage his feelings but she would feel bad for turning him down a second time, and he wasn't going to quit until he got the answer he wanted besides Brooke wanted another drink.

"Fine one date," Brooke spoke after she skulled the rest of her margarita and slid the glass towards him for a refill. Just because she was agreeing to a date didn't mean they were going to have sex or have another date.

"Good I'll remind you tomorrow when you are sober and we can figure out a day," Brad smiled as he refilled their glasses and tried not to stare at Brooke's cleavage. She was wearing her favourite little black dress that fanned out slightly from her waist and had a deep V-neck.

"You should get back to work people are waiting," Brooke's gaze lingered on a good looking guy who sat across the bar beside a dark haired woman and dark haired man. He didn't look any older than Brooke; maybe even a year younger and he was very pale.

A vampire. Brooke assumed as she sipped her drink. She had never been to the bar at night. Her shifts always started at 7am and finished at 4pm; the hours when vampires slept. It was her first time mingling with vampires and they hadn't stopped staring at her for the past half hour since she entered the bar.

"Come on now drink faster." Iris spoke before she sculled her alcohol and placed the empty glass on the bar.

"Why are you in such a hurry to drink?" Brooke asked.