Too close for comfort

******************************************************************************************

Doomed Love?

******************************************************************************************

Chapter Eight:

Too close for comfort

Isabel and Stan were in the lounge room sitting on the couch and looked at Godric as he walked into the room and stood in front of the fire place; trying his hardest to look unaffected by Brooke's presence. He had waited until Brooke had fallen asleep before he left the hallway and luckily it only took a few minutes.

"What happened? Where were you?" Godric snarled at Stan before he gained his calm composure.

"Some woman needed assistance and I had to oblige." Stan shrugged.

"Didn't you think it could have been a trap?"

"No sheriff I didn't."

"That is because you never think." Isabel snapped.

"I have a better question; why are we wasting our time protecting her? We got the vampire and she is fine." Stan asked annoyed. If he wanted a pet he would have had his own human barking at his knees.

"It is none of your concern underling besides it is me protecting her; if you want no part than do not help."

"Well you can count me out." Stan protested.

Isabel looked at Godric with sympathy; she could tell he was fighting himself and could see that he had feelings for Brooke by the look in his eyes.

"I'm here to help sheriff anything you need." Isabel replied with her Romanian accent.

"Thank you Isabel it is much appreciated," Godric wanted Brooke to be safe but there was still a possibility that a vampire could show interest in her. He knew after tasting her blood the vampire would lose control and kill her.

Before meeting Brooke he had no problem with distancing himself and leaving himself to suffer the fate he knew he deserved.

He was living dead in Dallas and even thought about ending his existence until Brooke entered his life; now he felt like he needed to know her and he would until the day she died.

Stan just rolled his eyes at Isabel and she ignored him; his outlook on humans irritated her and she knew it irritated Godric as well.

"I can take her shopping for some new clothes; does she like dancing?" Isabel asked and tried not to think of Brooke as a project but a little sister.

"I'm not sure. She is not aware that her life is still in danger; we do not want to worry her."

Stan yawned in boredom as he slouched back on the couch beyond bored and irritated, "We saved her life. She will be fine." Stan replied as he shifted his cowboy hat.

"Enough underling; I have made my decision. Brooke is under my protection until I mention otherwise."

Godric's attention turned in Brooke's direction as he felt the fear in Brooke before the screams followed.

"I will check on her." Godric spoke before he rushed inside his room. Brooke was whimpering and her body was shaking until he gently woke her by shaking her shoulders.

She sat up abruptly and her skin glistened from the sweat that streaked her skin. "It is okay child you are safe." Godric reminded her as she looked at him terrified and out of breath.

"Breathe." Godric guided Brooke.

"He tortured them." Brooke sobbed.

"He is gone forever. No one will ever hurt you like that again." Godric promised.

Brooke took a deep breath and wiped the tears from her cheeks. "I didn't scream or anything did I?"

"You do not need to worry about that. Did you dream of Zander's memories?"

"Yeah it happens sometimes. I can't believe I didn't see it the first time I touched him. I guess I was too drunk." Brooke tired to shrug it off.

"Have you met anyone else like me?" Brooke asked. She needed to talk about something else and it was another question she had been itching to ask.

"I've met a couple although their abilities didn't work on vampires but one of them could see vampires' memories occasionally."

"Do you know what I am?"

"You're gifted."

Amazing and incredible; you make me feel alive and not like the monster I truly am. Godric kept the rest to himself. Brooke couldn't know how he was feeling.

"But what am I other than a freak?" Brooke asked frustrated.

"I believe you are part Fae."

Brooke looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Part fairy," Godric clarified.

Brooke laughed and it was genuine even though just moments ago she only felt horror and pain.

"Fairy? Come on Godric. You can't be serious." Brooke asked clearly amused before a yawn escaped her lips.

"You need to sleep."

"I don't want to be alone."

Godric nodded and moved so he was lying on the other side of the bed beside Brooke. It's just to help her sleep. He silently justified his action.

She shifted so she was leaning on his shoulder and felt safe almost instantly and at first Godric stiffened. Her scent was intoxicating and sweet; she smelled like pomegranates and coconut and he was glad she couldn't read his thoughts. His desire for her blood was burning through his veins although he was strong enough to ignore it.

"Are you sure you won't have nightmares of my memories?" Godric asked concerned. Her hand rested on his chest and he didn't want to add to her trauma.

"Yeah I'll be fine." Brooke replied although she didn't sound 100% certain but she felt it was worth the risk which worried Godric.

He made sure to feel detached unsure if Brooke was using her abilities to hone in on his emotions. He didn't want to encourage her feelings but he couldn't leave her alone either.

___________________________________________________________

THANKS for reading! Did you enjoy it?

VOTE.................COMMENT................. FAN................. ADD TO LIBRARY

XOX