A Lovers Tiff

(GRACE’S POV)

         I stormed down the corridor, tears silently streaming down my voice when a voice drawled from a quiet alcove, “lovers tiff?”

         My upset quickly turned to fury at the root of all of my problems and in a second had him pinned to the wall by the throat, teeth bared and fangs out. “You think this is funny Damien?” I stared into his eyes.

         “Well it is slightly-” I squeezed tighter until he stopped talking.

         “It was a rhetorical question because I certainly don’t find being dumped particularly funny.” His eyes widened and that had nothing to do with my choke hold on him.

         “He dumped you?” Why did he sound so shocked? “What wrong answer did you give?” Why did he have to be so astute?

         “That is none of your business.” I hissed and pulled my hand away, allowing him to drop to the floor.

         I started to walk away but it didn’t take long for him to right himself and pull me to a standstill. “Was it a question about me? Dimitri wouldn’t dump you unless you said something really wrong. Did you hurt him somehow?” Every question and comment was just rubbing dirt in my very open wound.

         “Stop probing because my relationship- past relationship- with Dimka is none of your business and the next time I have to tell you that I’ll kick your ass to make sure it sinks in.”

         “For what it’s worth, I’m sorry.” He looked contrite but it was way too early to ever forgive him.

         “It’s not worth a damn Damien, not from you anyway.”

         He looked shocked and hurt but I wasn’t believing anything he did, he was a better actor that Robert Pattinson and that was saying something. “You act like this is all my fault,” I frowned at him, “well that I actually meant for you to get hurt.”

         I laughed. “And you didn’t?”

         “Of course I didn’t mean to hurt you-”

         “And breaking me and Dimka up wouldn’t affect me in anyway right? The first guy I’ve ever loved- my first everything dumping me wouldn’t hurt me right?” A noise to my right stopped me and I turned to see a guard stood there, face stoic as if he hadn’t heard half of what I had said. “What?” I snapped and winced, toning down my snapping, it wasn’t his fault after all.

         “You are awaited in the arena, miss.”

         I took a deep breath. “Thank you, I’ll follow.” I turned to Damien. “You really have some screwed up logic Damien, why can’t you just find someone else and ruin their life instead?” I turned around to the sound on my left and saw Dimka making his way forward, how long he had been stood there, I had no idea but I wasn’t sticking around to find out off of my ex. “This makes it the perfect evening.” I muttered and followed the guard without saying another word to either of them. I was determined to believe that I didn’t need either of them in my life and they didn’t deserve me. If I said it enough I might actually believe it.

         I entered the arena and saw George looking over at me concerned but I didn’t need to be coddled right now, what I needed was to kick someone’s ass. I walked to the ring and on walked candidate number one. Perfect. The bell rang to start and he was down on his back clutching his lacerated throat, blood pooling around him. It wasn’t something that could kill but he would be getting back up any time soon. I flicked off the blood on my fingertips and wiped the rest off on the bottom of my top. “Who’s next?” I wasn’t sure if it was something in my eyes or what but guards seemed to take a step back.